Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Mother 3 high playthrough part 10: The climb of all climbs (Final)

Chapter 8 - All Things... continued

Just as I was about to get back out of the sewers, Fassad shows up out of nowhere, literally just flies out of the gross purple water. The interpreter robot comes flying in as well.

Mother 3 screenshot

This character really does remind me of Fawful.

Mother 3 screenshot

Boney can't smell any weaknesses... I just tried buffing/debuffing and using PK Starstorm. He does a lot of damage if you don't use Def/Shield buffs on everyone right away, also he gives everyone crying status so I can't hit with any physical attacks, plus he often uses shield on himself.

Tried using the Trivia Card items, since they're supposed to be effective against human enemies, but nope it does nothing.

Shield Snatcher, plus using up some of my Pencil Rockets and bombs, and doing some physical damage after healing the crying status... seems to be working.

Mother 3 screenshot

Fassad's heart is filled with hatred! Fassad is serious now!
Now he's using all kinds of buffs/debuffs and scarfing down Luxury Bananas every turn, and he also started using PK Starstorm... but I managed to defeat him through sheer brute force.

Mother 3 screenshot

The Interpreter is saying stuff about how we're all stuck inside Porky's game, and Fassad was sick of this game and is now being removed from it.
"The flames of my life are in danger now. I do not think we will ever meet again. And not just in battle," is what Fassad states. He also adds in a very faint voice, "Nwehehe!" Fassad is now going to plummet.
The interpreter says she is no longer needed, now that Fassad is gone, then just leaves.

New Pork City 2

Now there's a couple new characters in the game arcade, they look a little bit like the gang members in EarthBound...

Mother 3 screenshot

That guy at the top:
Hey, do you know the secret to girls? You don't know?5! How old ARE you?! Geez, get your act together, you moron! Girls, you see, like guys they can count on. Do you got what it takes to be like that? You idiot! Think about it on your own! Think about if you have what it takes or not. C'mon! Quit it! Stop asking me questions! I told you, think about it on your own! Inside your head!
Avacado burgers and girls... I'm sure this info is relevant somehow lol

There's a lot more people here now than before. Most of them don't say anything interesting.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

More of those weird hooded people talking about girls.
And, like, most of the time, girls sit in groups. Also, girls like stuff like French food and stuff, y'know? And they just love curry, y'know? Right? Right? In my case, if there's like, curry or something, I totally can't say no to it.
Compared to, like, people long ago, don't you think we drink like, way more water? Like, people in the old days didn't drink this much water, y'know? My old man, he, like, drinks waaay less water than me. When I, like, think about that I like, sorta feel like people are a lost cause, you know?! Like, if something happens, I HAVE to have my water! Are we sea monsters? Of course we're not! We ARE, like, human, though! But we drink water.
...who the hell are these people? This is so weird. It's like they're aliens, trying really hard (and failing) to act human or something.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Rope Snake:
Oh, you thought you could walk right by and ignore me, huh?! You're so cold-hearted. It's me! It's me! I used to be known as the Rope Snake. Don't tell me you forgot! Well, I haven't forgotten. I'm really close to becoming a behemoth of a snake now. I'll be a monster of a snake, and you guys'll be you guys. Together, we'll be an unstoppable force! Just you wait. It won't be long, dear friends! Whoa! Hey! Are you even listening to me?! Anyways, first, have a good new year! Hey! Are you ignoring me?! Hey! I said have a good new year!
Sheesh... They pretty much packed the entire cast of the game into this tiny town somehow. Crazy...

Empire Porky Building - 1st Floor

Mayor Pusher and all of his family members are now hanging out in this building's reception area.

Mother 3 screenshot

The elevator is fixed now, and currently it only goes to the concert hall on the 24th floor.

Empire Porky Building - 24th Floor

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

wtf, that bearded guy, the same one who stopped us from walking down the train tracks at Tazmily before, comes and stops us from going into the concert hall.
Oops, I tried to stop you out of instinct, the instant I saw your face. You're not in danger this time, though.
Policeman:
I have no idea why, but you guys really get on my nerves. I have this intense desire to arrest you for some reason.


Mother 3 screenshot

DCMC reunion... these guys seem to know a lot about what's going on.

Mother 3 screenshot

A great, undefiable power has prepared a festival for the end of all life...
We can see through this Porky guy's shallow-brained plans like they're nothing. Why's that, you ask? 'Cause we're so drunk on our music that he can't fool us with his nonsensical crap!
I dunno who this Porky guy is, but with all five DCMC members back together, nothing can scare us now! Well, if I think about it really hard, MAYBE I can think of something that can scare us, but no, nothing can scare us now!
The DCMC put on their final performance.

Mother 3 screenshot

oh wow... Before, in Club Titiboo, they played the New Pork City theme... but now in New Pork City, they're playing the Tazmily theme.
... and then another song that I don't recognize.

Suddenly the power goes out...

Porky:
Attention, all goody two-shoes inside the Empire Porky Building. The final game has begun. Please gather up what puny wisdom and pathetic courage you have and come to the 100th floor. However, there's no guarantee the elevator will work how you want it to! Wahahaha!
The concert got stopped, but we ain't glum. We got luck on our side. We've always had dumb luck on our side! Tonda Gossa!


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Policeman:
The chain of command is so screwed up. What the Pigmasks are supposed to be doing, what we're supposed to be doing... It's such a big mess. This just isn't gonna work out.
The Pigmasks are mad about the concert being stopped, and they blame the intruders who came in to challenge Porky.

The elevator now supposedly goes up to the 100th floor.

Empire Porky Building - Hippo Pond floor

Mother 3 screenshot

Hippo Launchers. Hippopotami that have been fancied-up and equipped with powerful missiles. Incredibly popular, even among women and senior citizens. Improvements to create household pet versions are currently underway.


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Now we're finally out of the town section and into enemy territory. although, these enemies are very easy to avoid, in fact they don't engage you unless you talk to them... and they are basically just exp fodder, since there's a healing machine right here.

btw my levels after beating Miracle Fassad are 54 / 53 / 52 / 53

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This researcher guy asks for ideas on how to improve the Hippo Launchers, and he's like
I would make it so Hippo Launchers can brush their teeth on their own, go to the bathroom at night before bed, and fetch the newspaper.
This other researcher guy thinks we're suspicious, and runs away after he sees us defeat a Hippo Launcher.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Another announcement from Porky:
Some idiots have been seen pretending to be sea monkeys in the middle of a pond. Wahahahaha! I'm talking about you guys! Getting all covered in mud so you can fight for your lives... It's all so ridiculous! *snicker*
Alright then, get on the next elevator. I think I'm gonna sit back and watch even more of your stupidity in action. Come on! Don't give up! You're so close to the real 100th floor now!


Empire Pork Building - Fan Room floor

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Porky:
Your attention, please. We have a report of lost children. The detestable Lucas and his pals appear to be lost in Master Porky's fan room. Hehehehe.
Attention, Lucas and friends! Attention, Lucas and friends!
Come to the real 100th floor immediately, if you dare! Ahahahaha!
Another elevator... does this one go to the 100th floor?

Empire Pork Building - Bathroom Maze floor

Mother 3 screenshot

It goes to a door maze hallway... oh wow, a subtle EarthBound reference here with someone running into one of the doors and locking it.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

lmao, okay I wasn't expecting some of these door signs to be enemies.
Found a Pigmask Major enemy in one of the wrong doors... may as well use all my Trivia Cards here to see what they do.

Trivia Card 3:

Mother 3 screenshot

It wasn't the correct answer!
Trivia Card 2:
The Pigmask Major answered, "Ramen!"
It wasn't the correct answer!
Trivia Card 1:
The Pigmask Major answered, "This Game Stinks!"
It was the correct answer!
So basically, they do nothing...

The order of the doors (right door is first, left is last):
last, 2nd last, last, 2nd, last

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Each of these bathrooms has something different about it, so I'm intentionally going into every wrong door after learning the order.
People give ghosts the cold shoulder whenever they don't seem mean.
A man standing on a toilet:
Welcome! How good of you to visit! Wait a minute! What am I saying?! This is a bathroom! What the heck's your problem?! What're you doing here, anyways? All in a big group, no less.
lol wtf, this one guy runs out of another bathroom and into another. Knocking on the one he went into, he says: "I'm trying to eat, here", and the one he came from has a card that says "Out to lunch" sitting on the toilet.
A clean toilet is a mirror of the heart. Wipe it and polish it until it sparkles.
...

Mother 3 screenshot

holy pork, ran into the invincible chimera and got game over.

I should've listened to that warning noise when I first knocked on this door.
So that's why there was a frog in that 5th hallway. This place is really generous with save points.
Later, that Chimera comes out and starts wandering the hallway, you need to sneak by it to get into the door it came out of.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This looks like a Zelda dungeon boss door.

Mother 3 screenshot

At the end of that bathroom maze, I get to a big fancy bathroom with a gold toilet.

Porky:
Hehehe! You seem to be having quite the tough time! Did you enjoy my special all-you-can-pee toilet dungeon? Now, then! I have some sad news for you! This place you're at now isn't really the 100th floor! It's a fake! Ahahahahaha!
You're nothing but a cheap toy crawling around in the palm of my hand!
Alright! Allow me to invite you to the REAL 100th floor! Heh heh.


Empire Porky Building - Magypsy's floor

Mother 3 screenshot

The 8th seashell house... it's in a room surrounded by walls with painted scenery... making it seem like you're outside.

Porky:
You guys have no tact whatsoever, do you? Get out of there and get on the next elevator. And then make it to the REAL 100th floor!
Inside the Magypsy house is a bunch of giftboxes, banana peals... and Fassad's trumpet nose thing, and a memento...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

My 2nd guess was right... and I guess since the Magypsy is not here, the usual mole cricket shop that's always found around them is gone too.

So yeah... I guess Porky built this tower/city around the 8th needle location and flew into the sky with that entire piece of land. I dunno how he got Fassad on his side though.

Mother 3 screenshot

Next elevator... I have no idea what to expect at this point.

Empire Porky Building - Construction floor

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

It's some construction work area... This seems to be the start of an actual combat-focused dungeon section.

Mother 3 screenshot

This one construction worker wars us not to tackle anyone. Well, Lucas is feverish now so that's outta the question anyway... Learned Healing Omega.

Mother 3 screenshot

Watch it, you jerk! I would've fallen, had I not been me! You moron!


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

What's that?! Is this the 100th floor, you ask? Of course it isn't! Duh!
This area is pretty easy. Takes no time at all to figure out where to go, and there's only a few enemies that barely pose a threat at all at my party's current level.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Amateurs like you could never hope to understand how complicated this job is!


Mother 3 screenshot

lmao... that was a really elaborate setup to get a guy to become a bridge for me.

Mother 3 screenshot

Got to the next elevator, ontop of the girders... jeez, the 100th floor must be so scary high up... especially since it's ontop of a floor that's not even finished being built yet.

Porky:
Attention, workers. Some idiots have snuck onto the construction site and are causing loads of trouble. Idiots! Idiots! Idiots! You idiots! I'm talking about you guys! Come on, now. How about you actually try to come to the 100th floor already? You're really starting to irritate me! You're making my dentures itch like crazy! Get on the next elevator already!
A sign in front of the elevator:
Future site of the Great Porky Swimming Bath.


Empire Porky Building - Laboratory floor

Mother 3 screenshot

Now we're in a lab-looking area.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This is starting to get pretty tough now... I like how this Porky Building gradually increases in difficulty with each floor. This is starting to get into end-game feel now... well, except for the fact that it's still really generous with saves and healing opportunities.

Levels are currently at 57 / 57 / 56 / 56... after exploring a bit now I'm at 59 / 58 / 58 / 58

Mother 3 screenshot

Soak it in until you're red in the face and your personality will turn gentle and make you into a "nice person" who loves Master Porky.
yikes... there's even a frog soaking in one of these tubes.

Mother 3 screenshot

All the people in these tubes are saying nice things about Porky...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Pig:
*glub* *glub*
Reconstructed... with... a lion... So happy...
Porky:
Your attention, please. You appear quite exhausted there, Lucas! But the real fun is just about to begin! Alright! Climb up those stairs just ahead! C'mon! Don't disappoint me, now! Ahahahah!
No wonder the people in Tazmily started acting so weird...

Empire Porky Building - Game floor

Mother 3 screenshot

Is this the final staircase?


Now the music has changed to that nice relaxing New Pork City Inn music.

Mother 3 screenshot

I've changed my hat, so perhaps you don't recognize me, but I was the chauffer of that difficult-to-drive and far-too-long limousine.


Mother 3 screenshot

lmao this whole setpiece is awesome
This is written on the cue card: "Laugh! Laugh!"
Super Whack-a-Mole game... whoever hits the most moles with their mental "A Button" hammers wins.
Porky absolutely adores that word, "win". If the words "indulge" and "humor" mean anything to you... you'll know what to do. But, if you try to throw the match, Master Porky will be very displeased indeed.
Lucas is competing against "Master Mini-Porky"

Mother 3 screenshot

I wonder what happens if you get zapped. Lucas is wearing the Franklin badge, so...

whatever, I got 22 points, beating Mini-Porky by 12.
I'm afraid I can't introduce someone as frightening as you to Master Porky.
Try again, but this time with a fresh outlook on things.
Tried again... this time I got zapped a few times and got 6 points on purpose.
Uhh, Master Lucas... You really should be more serious about this. I'm afraid I can't introduce you to Master Porky if that's how you're going to act.
This time I tried getting exactly 10... same response as when I got 22.

Mother 3 screenshot

Oh, duh...

Another staircase that looks the same as the last one... so now we've gone from taking an unknown number of elevator rides to going up an unknown number of staircases.

The Purple Bridge Race game...
This is written on the cue card: "Your fly's open! XYZ!"


Mother 3 screenshot

That one's hard, you have to get just barely close enough to the finish line as you can without crossing it.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This next place has a cool miniature model of New Pork City.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Final game: "To Whom Goes the Boom?!"

So I guess I have to be just one or two pushes away from blowing it up. That was very easy actually.

Cue card:
Your fly isn't open! Don't worry about it!
I hereby deem you fit to meet Master Porky.
What a weird and pointless bit of padding between the dungeon areas...

Empire Porky Building - 100th floor (?)

Is THIS the final staircase?

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Woah, this thing looks terrifying.

Porky:
Lucas. Welcome to my room! This is the REAL 100th floor that you wanted to come to oh-so-badly! Again, I welcome you, my beloved, detestable pests. I was the one who invited you here. So you're free to come inside if you wish. It's just, I've given orders to let no one enter my room to that little attack toy you see right there. Who knows, maybe this is where we'll say goodbye, even though I invited you here. Alright, let's turn it on! Say hello to the Natural Killer Cyborg!


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

It seemed easy up until it grew a mouth canon and did this insane attack against everyone. It didn't use that ultimate attack anymore after that, but it did start using stronger attacks more often after that it seems... but I had enough stats to just keep healing everyone with Lucas, using Thunder with Kumatora, and occasionally the other 2 use PP restore items on Kumatora so that she can use Thunder even more, since it's way more efficient than any other attack... beat N.K. Cyborg first try.

Levels are now 60 / 60 / 59 / 59

Next there's a really long red carpet hallway, with sad music... Kumatora learned PK Ground an earthquake attack that can't be reflected, like thunder.

And then a boat ride through EarthBound nostalgia hallway, with Mother 1 music playing...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

I recognize these vines... this must be where the final Needle is.
Man... this atmosphere is crazy... all that build up towards meeting Porky makes this seem way scarier than it would be.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

I'm Porky. I'm really just this meek little boy. Please dote over me more. Please talk to me like good boys and girls. You know, just like me.
>Yes
Thanks... But, to be honest, you guys are nothing but pests to me.
Then a bunch of copies of him surround and attack us.
*load restore point*
>No
That's not very nice, now is it? Actually... I'm not very nice either.
Same thing either way. I just wanted to see the different reactions for the two answers.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

I'm just using up all my Super Bombs at this point, because of how close to the end this feels.

aaahh! they explode when they die and take out like 75% of everyone's health, and they deflect PSI attacks... and there's a lot more than 3 of them... damn

and they just keep coming, wtf I can't beat this...

Mother 3 screenshot


All of a sudden, just when I thought it was hopeless, some guys come rushing into the room... DCMC music starts playing. Hell yeah, this is a cool nod to that part in EarthBound where the Runaway Five guys help you out.
Tonda Gossa! Dramatic climaxes are when unruly dudes like us get to shine!
Seems this Master Porky guy was trying to use us to brainwash everyone... I say it's high time we screw up his idiotic plans!
Hah! We ain't gonna let this Porky freak have his way!
We're gonna make you pay for all the bad stuff you've done! Get ready! It's punishment time!
Flint is there with them as well.
Come, Boney.
Lucas. This is it... This is finally it...
Wess:
Have we managed to corner the enemy... or have we all been dragged here? Hmm. I suppose it doesn't matter either way.
Some other Tazmily characters who didn't get brainwashed yet like Lighter and Fuel, as well as Dr. Andonuts are here too.

Porky:
*wheeze* *cough*
Come a little closer so I can see your face better...
Oh, is that what you look like? I was the one who brought you here. A traveler who has journeyed to and from past and future. I'm the most clever, most charming, and most trouble-making boy ever. Master Porky Minch!
I welcome you once again, you weak hangers-on pretending to be the last survivors of this world! Spankety, spankety, spankety! Ahahahahaha!


Mother 3 screenshot

The real Porky shows up... he looks like a ghost... in some kind of life preserving machine.
You resorted to blanking your memories to create a new world where humanity's past failures would never be repeated... How stupid can you be?! No matter how much you change the rules, no matter how much you refuse to admit defeat, in the end, the creatures known as "people" will always sign their own death warrant by acting out of stupidity and evil. And then... mankind will be gone for good. You could've been happy, if only you would've done as I did and obiently followed the visionary, selfish desires of a great hero...
*coughing and gasping for air*
Why is it you struggle to cling to life with such puny minds, pitiable bodies, and feeble hearts? Well, no matter. The curtain is about to fall on this pathetic little play of yours. Because, soon, the power of power will be mine. The world and everything in it has been my oyster so far, and now I'll end it all by acquiring the ultimate power. Heheheh heheh.
*laughing while coughing*
Though everything so far has been fun and games, I've given you many a concession. I was bored out of my mind and wanted to play something more thrilling, you see. But, now that we're face-to-face like this, I won't hold anything back.

My slave... My lifeless son will pull the final Needle for me. And, the moment he does, the Dragon should awaken and do as I want. At which time, I assume you fools will turn into garbage or dust or something and finally disappear for good. Ahahaha.
I'll admit, that is kind of sad. But I would be crushed under the weight of boredom if it were any other way.
*wheezes and gasps for air*
Do you understand now? Do you understand the sadness Master Porky bears, now that he's god-like?
Suddenly, some alarm sound goes off.

Mother 3 screenshot

It seems the seventh and final Needle has just been located deep underground, below here.
Dr. Andonuts:
I refuse to help you anymore!
Porky laughs, and then challenges Lucas to try and pull the Needle before him. Porky takes a shortcut to give himself a head start.

Mother 3 screenshot


Empire Porky Building - Underground Cave

Lucas, Boney, Kumatora, Duster, and Flint fall down all 100 floors into the underground cave, and manage to survive somehow.
Flint:
Lucas. There's something that has me concerned. Could you let me go on ahead first?
He doesn't let you say no... I think he's probably figured out where Claus is.

Mother 3 screenshot

This is just a really long, linear path going deep underground with no enemies... I found a "familiar doorknob" on the ground, and then dropped it down the chasm... no idea what that was about.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Whoa... now this is getting more like what EarthBound's end-game area felt like.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

lol, I like how this is parodying EarthBound, by making these EarthBound enemy sprites (outside of battle) into the creatures that they actually look like.
These enemies aren't that hard... eventually I got to a place where Boney noticed Flint's hat falling through the air.

Mother 3 screenshot

Flint:
That... That masked man... He's Claus. Lucas... He's your brother...
Claus. I don't know why he's obeying this Porky guy, but as a father, I've finally found the son I lost. Lucas. Be happy. I've finally, finally found your brother.
The final Needle... Lucas... Make sure YOU pull it. I'll catch up with you in a bit...


Mother 3 screenshot

Everyone's at level 61 now.

Empire Porky Building - Underground Cave continued

Mother 3 screenshot

Porky:
This really is no time for games anymore. I don't feel like letting you go any further. If you're after the Needle, then don't worry. My adorable little monster is on its way to it as we speak.

...Huh? That monster's name is Claus? Its name was Claus?! That almost sounds like a person's name! But now it's my robot. Not even a fragment of life remains inside it. It's Master Porky's slave robot! It does whatever I say! It acts on my will alone. It's my double. It doesn't know anything about who you are!


Mother 3 screenshot

Porky's attacks just say "?! ...What did Porky do?!", similar to how Giygas's attacks are incomprehensible.
This is pretty tough... he has this crazy multi-debuff attack that affects everyone, and a PSI Counter that he always has on... he hasn't even really started using his hard hitting attacks yet (I'm sure he will soon).
I'm using up all my super bombs and stuff now... and using Def Up Gamma with Lucas whenever I need it...
Let me fill you in on something. No matter how much you attack me, I'll never die. Even if I somehow wind up beaten, I'll never die. Bet you didn't know that, did you?
Regardless, attacking him does seem to be progressing the battle. With all the buffs he has available, pretty much the best strategy here is to use Shield Snatcher with Boney and then PK Starstorm with Kumatora, heal and buff with Lucas, and recover PP with Duster and Boney when needed.
I've gone through time and space so many times that I haven't aged like a normal person. Who knows, I might be 1000 years old, or even 10,000 years old. By despite that, I'm still the same kid at heart! Is that funny? It is, isn't it?
If the Dragon wakes up, it might end up destroying everything and extinguishing all life. Even so... Ahaha aha ahahaha ahahahahahaha!
*coughs*
Even so, I'll be alive. Me and the Dragon will be the only things left alive in the whole wide world! I'm more than ready for that possibility. Ahaha ahahahahaha!
*coughs*
With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone.
Thank you for playing along with me all the way to the end like this. I'm actually a pretty nice guy, wouldn't you say? Aha ahaha.
Still not done... I'm gonna run out of recovery stuff if this doesn't end soon.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

I'm going to duck inside this "Absolutely Safe Capsule" for the time being. When I'm inside, no attack will have any effect on me whatsoever. I'm sure you're thinking to yourself, "Yeah, right. There's no such thing as "absolutely"..."
But there is such a thing... and it's this! The Absolutely Safe Capsule I tricked Dr. Andonuts and the Mr. Saturns into making for me!


Mother 3 screenshot

wtf do I do here?
Because Porky is sealed inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule, the battle is, by definition, over.
Dr. Andonuts shows up.
Oh, my... As evil as old Porky here is, I feel bad for him now. It's true that the "Absolutely Safe Capsule" That the Mr. Saturns and I developed together can protect one from every manner of danger. It IS an absolutely safe capsule, but once you enter it, you can never exit it... Even what's outside of the Absolutely Safe Capsule is absolutely safe. I did tell Porky in a hushed voice that he shouldn't use it yet... But all he can do now is live for eternity inside the capsule, in absolute safety.

Who knows, in a way, he may've gotten exactly what he wanted. What do you think? Is it wrong of me to think this way?
It's NOT wrong, you say? I wonder. I somehow get the feeling it is.
Want to roll him around a bit? No, no, it's okay. It IS absolutely safe, after all.


Mother 3 screenshot

A bit further up, is a frog and a hot spring.
I'm the final frog in the game. It's been such a short time, though it seems long, too. In any case, thank you for your continued patronage throughout it all. For me and all the other frogs, I thank you.
*hop*
*teardrop*


Mother 3 screenshot

Almost at the end now.

Empire Porky Building - Underground Cave final stretch

The final battle against Masked Man, the robot made of Claus's body...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Only Lucas is alive at the beginning, and whenever I try reviving someone else, The Masked Man kills them right away with lightning.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

At first it seemed really tough, but I already know that the objective is just to survive a certain amount of turns... Most of the time he just does a couple physical attacks and I can heal every 2 or 3 turns and not even come close to running out of PP.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Sometimes, Claus does a really strong PK weed attack, that I have to heal right away... At some point, Flint comes and jumps in front of Lucas to protect him from a PK weed attack.
The Masked Man's attack dealt major damage to Flint.
Claus, please remember... I've been looking for you for so long...
Later, it gets to the point where Lucas's HP starts draining slower than usual, and it gets to the point where you can go like a dozen turns without healing even after taking a fatal blow.

Then after the memory scene, Claus's attacks are only doing single-digit damage. This is pretty much just a cutscene at this point.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Claus fired an intense bolt of lightning!

Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!

Claus took mortal damage!

Claus staggered toward Lucas.
Claus embraced Lucas.
Lucas remembered Claus's smell.
Claus:
I'm sorry it turned out like this. I'm really happy you could be with me just before the end...
Thanks. Dad. I'm sorry I didn't listen to you. I'm going to where Mom is now.
Lucas. I hope we meet again someday.
Bye.
Thank you.
I'm sorry.
I'm sure we'll meet again.


The emotional stuff here is getting a little too sappy for my tastes... It's okay, but meh, I don't feel much from it like I did in the early game...

Ending

Mother 3 screenshot

Flint:
Lucas... Thank you. Claus was just hasty, that's all. You'll forgive your hasty brother, won't you?
...
Alright. This is it. The time has come for you to pull the Dragon's last Needle. Are you ready?
You've made it here. You've made it this far. You'll be alright. Believe in yourself, and pull that final Needle. Nothing needs to be sealed away anymore. Let's make the Dark Dragon sealed underground our new friend. Pass your heart on to the Dragon! Pray to it from the bottom of your heart. Ask it to protect all life in this world. Me, and everyone else... We all believe in you. So now you need to believe in yourself. Now go. The Dragon is waiting to wake up.


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

After Lucas pulls the Needle, there's a cutscene showing the entire island being destroyed in a massive earthquake... I think that's Osohe Castle sinking into the ground... and then a Porky blimp comes out and tries to get away, but then it gets struck by a meteor...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

END?

Some text after that ending screen shows up to say that everyone is still alright thanks to a miracle.
Did the Dragon's revival give power to all life? That nearly scared me to death. But I guess this is what they mean by "A crisis gone is easily forgotten."
Say, are you warpio? Oh! You're okay! That's great! What a relief!
warpio. Lucas said he wanted to meet you. warpio. Thank you so much for everything, and for helping Lucas and the others. The world might have been completely destroyed, had it not been for you.
To be honest, I was so scared the moment Lucas pulled the last Needle. I did have faith though. I had faith, but I felt a kind of fear so bad that I almost expected my entire body to blow apart. But, as you can see, everyone is just fine! We've regained something incredibly immense!
Dunno why, but I can't stop my tears from comin' out. What is this feeling? What could it be? This is the first time I've seen you cry, Kumatora. You're really cute, now that I look.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop it! Stop sleeping on me! Even mole crickets are living creatures too, you know!
Oh, have we met somewhere before? Me? My name is Rope Snake... I was just considering living a quiet life as a Snake Rope now. If you happen to find that kind of sad, then please talk to me... and say, "Thanks." And, "Your jaw saved us all." No ordinary snake could've done that. Nor an ordinary rope. This conversation is turning out to be long, just like the snake I am.
*hop*
Now that my saving job is over, I think I'll settle down and take care of the tadpoles. Thank you for everything. No, wait, it's the other way around.
*Porky music plays*
You touched something rolling around. The rolling thing wobbles with glee.
There seems to be something inside, but you can't really tell what it is.
Your foot hit something small and round... It's a doorknob.
Got the Doorknob.
LOL the doorknob gag... almost forgot about that.

... it just keeps going on... I just quoted the interesting ones. I think you get some dialog from almost every character in the game, but you don't get any graphics with it, so it feels kinda like a cheap cop-out epilogue... but I guess it makes sense, given that the entire world was destroyed and recreated, so in order to have a "walk around and talk to everyone" section, they'd have to design a whole new area just for that.

And then you get the actual credits, with a reel of scenes from the game and some great music.

...Still, what a weirdly cliffhanger ending. I guess it's trying to emulate the older Mother games a little bit by leaving a bunch of unanswered questions... damn I really wanted to know more about Fassad but we never heard anything about how he became evil, or like, some more closure on what exactly happens to everyone after you awaken the dragon... Actually the first 2 games had way more closure than this. This feels like a really weird note to end the series on... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment