Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Monday, February 29, 2016

Undertale genocide route high playthrough part 3/3 - Not such a bad time after all

Hotland - 40 left.

Mettaton is a lot more intimidating towards the human now...

Yep... it's abandoned... a forcefield takes the place of the guards leading to Asgore...

Most of the Hotland is blocked off actually... the Royal Guards were nothing against my Burnt Pan... and now I'm at the Spider already...

A spider places a flower for Muffet...
YOU WON!
You earned 300 XP and 78 gold.

The MTT employee hasn't left though...
Evacuation? You're yanking my chain, little weirdo. So WHAT if everybody else left work? So WHAT if nobody's buying anything?
Par for the course, little weirdo. Par for the course.
Sorry, little weirdo, threats don't work on me. I can't go to hell. I'm all out of vacation days.
Got to the hotel...
"But, like." "Nobody came and stuff."
These shopkeepers left a lengthy note for the death harbinger...
"But, first, we gotta use up these gel pens." "Yeah! Chill, Alphys! We don't wanna waste pens!"

Found that the early part of the Hotland seems to be the best place for finding encounters...

I'm almost there now... I just did some walking in place while putting on some music and doing other stuff... this run would be absolutely torturous if not for that walking in place exploit.

Just two bosses left...

* Determination.
warpio LV14 452:39
Hotland-Core End
Save Return
MY. MY. SO YOU FINALLY ARRIVE. AFTER OUR FIRST MEETING, I REALIZED... SOMETHING GHASTLY.
YOU'RE NOT JUST A THREAT TO MONSTERS... BUT HUMANITY, AS WELL.
OH MY. THAT's AN ISSUE. YOU SEE, I CAN'T BE A STAR WITHOUT AN AUDIENCE.
AND BESIDES... THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE... I WANT TO PROTECT.
...
AH HA. EAGER AS ALWAYS, I SEE. BUT DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL. THERE'S SOMETHING YOU HAVEN'T ACCOUNTED FOR.
AS ANY TRUE FAN WOULD KNOW, I WAS FIRST CREATED AS A HUMAN ERADICATION ROBOT.
IT WAS ONLY AFTER BECOMING A STAR THAT I WAS GIVEN A MORE... PHOTOGENIC BODY.
HOWEVER. THOSE ORIGINAL FUNCTIONS HAVE NEVER BEEN FULLY REMOVED...
COME ANY CLOSER, AND I'LL BE FORCED TO SHOW YOU... MY TRUE FORM!
Mettaton NEO blocks the way!
Took him out with a single 90'000+ hit KO.
huh... no "YOU WIN - EXP GOLD" for this...

Now at Asgore's Castle... went through to New Home... no encounters.
Save points now skip the kill count and determination, just go straight to save/return.

The Locket - Armor DF 99 - You can feel it beating.
Real Knife - Weapon AT 99 - Here we are!

Finally... started encountering Flowey...
Remember when we used to play here? Hehehe... boy... Today's gonna be just as fun.
Now when you look through Asgore's home.. some of the text is in red, and the human is talking as if he knows this place well.
I remember when I first woke up here, in the garden. I was so scared. I couldn't feel my arms and legs. My entire body turned into a flower.
Mom, dad, somebody help me out!
But nobody came.
Then he explains how when Asgore did finally come and realized what happened to him, he became emotional... but he (Flowey) no longer felt anything at all.
Then somehow he ran away from home, and reached the RUINS.
Toriel couldn't make him whole again either.
I realized... life wasn't worth living anymore. Not in a world without love... Not in a world without... you.
So... I decided to follow in your footsteps. I would erase myself from existence.
And you know what? I succeeded.
But as I left this mortal coil... I started to feel apprehensive. If you don't have a SOUL, what happens when you...?
Something primal started to burn inside me. "NO," I thought. "I don't want to die!"... Then I woke up.
Like it was all just a bad dream.
I was back at the garden. Back at my "save point."
Interested, I decided to experiment. Again and again, I brought myself to the edge of death.
At any point, I could have let this world continue on without me. But as long as I was determined to live... I could go back.
Amazing, isn't it, warpio? I was amazed, too.
At first, I used my powers for good. I became "friends" with everyone.
... He eventually gets bored of everyone's predictability, and started wondering what would happen if he did things differently..
.
It all started because I was curious. Curious what would happen if I killed them.
"I don't like this," I told myself. "I'm just doing this because I HAVE to know what happens.
Haha. What an excuse! You of all people must know how liberating it is to act this way.
At least we're better than those sickos that stand around and WATCH it happen... those pathetic people that want to see it, but are too weak to do it themselves.
Nowadays, even that's grown tiring. You understand, don't you, warpio? I've done everything this world has to offer.
This incarnation of Flowey is like, reminding me of Homura...
But you, YOU'RE different. I never could predict YOU, warpio.
When I saw you in the RUINS, I didn't recognize you.
I thought I could frighten you, and steal your SOUL. I failed. And when I tried to load my save file... It didn't work.
warpio... Your DETERMINATION! Somehow, it's even greater than mine!
I just have one question for you, warpio. How did you get back to the RUINS from here...? ...wait, I know.
She must have taken you when she left, and decided to give you a proper burial, rather than... hanging out in the basement forever.
I think I get it... Asgore had all 7 souls he needed already. He decided against going to the human world. When Toriel left him, she took one of those 7 souls with her... that was this character I'm now playing as.
But... why, then? What made you wake up? Did you hear me calling you...?
It doesn't matter now. I'm so tired of this, warpio.
There's just one thing left for me to do. Let's finish what we started. Let's free everyone.
Then, let's let them see what humanity is REALLY like! That despite it all... This world is still "kill or be killed!!"
Then? Well. I had been entertaining a few ways to use that power.
...
But seeing you hear changed my mind. warpio, if you're with me... Just living in the surface world doesn't seem so bad.
We don't even need to get them this time. The king has six of them locked away. I've tried hundreds of ways to get him to show me them. But he just won't. warpio... I know he'll do it for YOU.
You're the only one who understands me... Creatures like us... Wouldn't hesitate to KILL each other if we got in each other's way.
So that's... so that's... why...[/quote]

Flowey starts shaking in fear...
I... I've changed my mind about all this. This isn't a good idea anymore. This place is fine the way it is!
warpio LV19 495:28
Last Corridor
File saved.
heya. you've been busy, huh?
...
so, i've got a question for ya. do you think even the worst person can change...? that everybody can be a good person, if they just try?
...... all right. well, here's a better question.
do you wanna have a bad time?
'cause if you take another step forward...
you are REALLY not going to like what happens next.
...

GAME OVER
heya... you look frustrated at something. guess i'm pretty good at my job, huh?
More dialog of him gloating at beating me multiple times...
After like an hour of playing, only made it passed Sans' first few attacks...
...
Finally got to Sans' 2nd phase... this gets even more crazy. He even attacks you while you're in the battle menu so you have to choose really fast. One time I got there with most of my items, but the being attacked in the menu thing really tripped me up... I could probably beat this with a bit more practice.
...
Tried again the next day... I got REALLY close to beating him this time... I think I was at his final special attack (or maybe his 2nd last attack)...
...
A bit later... I finally completed the Genocide route...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Sans turns out to be kind of a pushover once you know what's coming, even in phase 2. If you scroll to the left as soon as you get to the menu, you can easily avoid the bottom obstacles by slowly scrolling left along with the bones, so you can take your time to see if you need items. that was the main thing that caused me grief in this phase. Once I learned how to deal with that, it wasn't that bad.

I was able to dodge most of his attacks pretty well now, except for the multi-directional bonesaw one. I didn't even fully heal before the final special attack, but was at about 60-ish HP. with that I felt confident enough to keep my cool and dodged almost all of his final attack (I didn't get hit once during the horizontal part, or during the laser circle at the end).
Sans then executed his REAL final special attack...
...
...
...
it's nothing. he literally just intends to idle on his turn forever so that I can never kill him. if you try to move to the left of the box, Sans' left eye will light up and he'll teleport you back to the middle... but if you stay in the box long enough, you'll see Sans' expression start to change... eventually he'll fall asleep, and then you can move to the left border and start to push the box towards the Fight icon. he wakes up when you select FIGHT but it's too late... once you "kill" him, he walks away and says he's going to Grillby's to be with Papyrus...

Now at LV 20, 99 hp... can save again.. he says the coffins where all the human souls are in look comfy..
You go into the throne room, and you automatically attack and kill Asgore. The flower is there and he helps you finish Asgore off, trying to suck up to you and get you to not kill him... but you automatically kill Asriel anyway... then you meet... warpio... a smiling human who is the reincarnated soul that you kept bringing back to life in order to finish your mission.

Now that there's nothing left, warpio tells you to erase it all in order to do this all over again.
You can select "ERASE" or "DO NOT" here... I picked ERASE because I wanted to see the genocide route through to the end.
A bunch of damage numbers show up on the screen, and the Undertale window shakes around for a bit and then closes...

It turns out that it doesn't matter which option you select, Chara will destroy the world either way, and crash the game...
When you run the game again, it'll just be a black screen with varying degrees of static noises... it doesn't seem like you can play the game anymore, but the guide says to wait here for 10 minutes and Chara will give you another decision to make.
Interesting. You want to go back to the world you destroyed. You think you are above consequences?
You can answer yes or no here, but it doesn't really matter. I answered no and he was just like "Then what are you looking for?" ... then he offers me a compromise.
You still have something I want. Give it to me, and I will bring this world back.
If you say no here, you'll just remain on the black screen... you have to answer yes in order to start a new file.
I gave Chara the SOUL of warpio... that high session is now in that person's possession or whatever...

Looks like the only consequence of giving Chara your soul, is that any future Pacifist endings you do after that will have the pictures of Frisk and Asriel covered in red, and Chara will be there creepily smiling at you... and also I guess there will be the slight dialog changes that happen throughout the game based on your last playthrough when you haven't done a true reset. I'm gonna have to look through all of those differences on youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment