Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly part 3

Chapter 5 starts to get a bit more mellow again, after you go into the Osaka house... although there are some kinda tough ghost battles now in really tight corridors or cramped rooms... Another path in there opened up, and I found the key to the door where Mayu is trapped...

Went back to Mayu... but on the way there, I encounter a really hard battle in that underground area with a well... two ghosts that have an aura of pitch darkness... the closer you get to them, the less you are able to see...

I heard Mayu's voice once I entered that corridor again.. but when I got to that door, it was already open and Mayu was gone.. went back outside, and saw Mayu up on that bridge that connects the two houses... when I try following her there, the door she went through is locked...

The prisoner guy tells me to go to the temple to find the key to the main entrance of the Kiryu house... and from the Kiryu house I can open up an underground passage into the Tachibana house where Mayu is...

The game starts actually getting hard now... I got caught by a ghost when trying to pick up the key in the temple, and got killed by the multi-ghost battle there... 2nd attempt I managed to avoid getting caught. I kinda have a feel for how to avoid those ghost jump scares now.

Chapter 6 starts when I enter the Kiryu house through the main entrance that was locked before... This is the same house that has the film reel room where you can see videos that you've found. This house is much more confusing than the Osaka house, but not as ominous as the Kurosawa house... There are a ton of non-hostile ghost appearances here... mostly of child twins...

And the lore I'm picking up here is getting really good... There was this one twin who was forced to kill her sister... and then the father created a doll of her sister to give to her... and later the doll became possessed and the girl was talking to it and stuff. The dad determined the doll was evil and must be killed, but the girl didn't want to kill the doll...

The Kiryu house and the Tachibana house are where each of the two twins are raised until they are ready to go to the Kurosawa house to perform the ceremony.. The Kiryu house has an underground passage that connects to the Tachibana house, and the Tachibana house has an overhead bridge leading to the Kiryu house... referred to as something like the "hell tunnel" and the "heaven bridge" or something... The mechanism to unlock the tunnel is broken, and I have to find the missing parts of one of the twin dolls to fix it...

Here's where I start having a lot of game overs... So many awkward battles in close quarters... I like how the twin ghosts are trying to protect the pieces of the doll..

holy glob... the dollmaker ghost... this is an insanely hard battle... I actually got legit frustrated and started yelling at the game here, because I wasn't sure how I was supposed to avoid all the invincible possessed dolls attacking me, and the dollmaker himself rarely ever makes himself visible, and will vanish if you get too close to him while he's controlling the dolls. I don't understand this battle at all... but somehow I managed to get a double fatal frame combo on him with 90 film and finally defeated him. The atmosphere of that battle is really amazing though that's for sure...

And just when I thought the chapter was done, I have to fight another kinda difficult battle against the twin ghosts... It took me until after the battle to figure out what their gimmick was... They always surround you on opposite sides... and only one of them is the real one and will show their face when they attack, opening them up to a fatal frame shot. The fake one will not show their face when they attack, and will never take damage... I think this battle is exclusive to the Wii version too because I don't see it in the guide.

Stopped right at Chapter 7... That creepy laughing woman ghost (who I think represents Sae) made Mio drop her camera and run...

No comments:

Post a Comment