Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Friday, November 4, 2016

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly part 4

Chapter 7 - Sae

Now I have to explore the Tachibana house without the camera... this part is really scary.. that Sae demon thing starts chasing you through the halls... I got away from her at some point, and then explored a bit of the house before running into Sae again. I felt so helpless at this part... having to hide in closets and hoping that Sae won't be there when I open the door... Then I had to do the Tachibana version of the doll puzzle. if you screw up twice then Sae catches up to you and it's game over...

Unlocked the path to the heaven bridge and crossed over back to the Kiryu house... Then I went straight for the earth passage to get the camera back... Now I can explore the Tachibana house properly.

This place kinda has a very similar layout to the Kiryu house, just with some differences in the interiors here and there... I keep getting pieces of lore about this person named Itsuki, and his twin brother Mutsiki... Itsuki is the guy who got locked up in the storehouse for letting Sae and Yae escape.. and they used these two twins as the replacement for the ceremony.. when that ceremony failed, the calamity happened, and the Sae demon took over the village and created a village of ghosts...

I see some crimson butterflies flying around now, and they lead me to where Mayu is... but when I come close to Mayu, she turns into Sae... There aren't anymore Sae chase sequences though, just cutscenes where you can't get caught by her.. I think when Mio goes around with the camera and starts shooting ghosts, Sae's influence gets weaker. That would be a pretty good reason as to why this game doesn't have infinite random ghost encounters, and eventually become completely safe (but still eerie)...


Mayu is now on the other side of one of those grating walls, and the door to where she's in is locked... and here's what I THINK is the first decision point that affects what ending you get... you can reach out to touch Mayu, or leave and go somewhere else.. I went and touched Mayu, thinking that would help get her back to normal.. but Mayu shows she still has some of the Sae demon in her, and says we should complete the ceremony.

Here I wasn't sure what to do for a while, except explore every inch of the Tachibana house, and after I did that I was still stuck... I couldn't exit through the Tachibana or Kiryu house at all... Then I realized in that room where there's bell sounds going on... There's a loud bell sound as you pass by a small cupboard, and inside that cupboard is the ghost of a child... this is Itsuki's little sister... Itsuki placed a bell on her neck and said that he'll come and rescue her whenever he here's the bell... but after the ceremony failed Itsuki got locked up, and the Tachibana house became haunted and this girl was trapped there and had to hide in cupboards.

I have to chase this girl around, getting her picture whenever I can, and then had to battle her a few times... and finally I got the key to where Mayu is.

And of course, Mayu isn't there anymore when I come back... I find the diary left by Itsuki, and also the key to the storeroom where Itsuki is locked up.. the diary mentions the 4 "pinwheel" items needed to unlock the underground passage that Sae and Yae can use to escape the village... Mio says this is how they can get out of here...

Suddenly, Sae returns... but this time as she gets close to Mio, she turns back into Mayu, and hugs her... Mayu is back to normal again, for now... she asks Mio to never leave her...

Chapter 8 starts as Mio and Mayu exit the house... Next destination is to see Itsuki to help us escape.. Mayu says the ceremony is about to begin, and she wants to see Itsuki.

No comments:

Post a Comment