Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Ori and the Blind Forest hard mode playthrough log part 2

I spent like the next hour re-exploring everywhere to get what I can with double jump... there's a few things I noticed that seem impossible to get to, even after I get the triple jump and air dash.

I've now unlocked air dash through the skill tree, but I can't actually use it yet because I haven't yet learned the normal dash.

Finally, after getting a few more life cells and energy cells, now I feel much less vulnerable and I can actually tank a few hits before dying... now I'll start the inside of the Ginso Tree.

This place is kinda annoying, but also fun... It took me a LOT of deaths before I realized that going through portals refreshes your double jump. This area is a very unique section made up of single-screen rooms that keep going further and further up the tree.

Eventually I got to a new power, which is kind of like an air dash, except it's more like a counter move that bounces you off projectiles/enemies and rockets you in whatever direction you choose. If you use this on a projectile, the projectile will go in the opposite direction that you get bounced in... this gimmick is used immediately in the 2nd half of the Ginso Tree...

After you destroy the thorny things that were corrupting the tree and preventing it from producing water, suddenly there's an intense escape sequence where you have to use your skills to climb up through the rest of the tree while a rush of water comes flooding up from below you... there's also a bunch of energy pickups along the way and of course I want to get all of them during this escape segment cuz I don't know if I'll be able to come back here.

That last part was really fun, it reminded me of a Rayman Origins/Legends sort of level. I got all the things inside the tree, but somehow the map only shows this area as 99% completed. I guess it's because there's some small corner of the map that I didn't go into in order to make it so the map is fully explored.

After that, you emerge at a new area, which is south of the Ginso Tree and Moon Grotto... and Sein tells you that all of the water in the world has become unpoisoned thanks to the tree being restored... The next objective is to go and recover the Wind elemental thing... but of course now I'm again at a crossroad where it feels like a great time to re-explore everywhere again and get more stuff. Especially now that I see how you're supposed to get up to all those high up ledges.

I still haven't explored that dark region though.

Screenshots:

Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot Ori and the Blind Forest screenshot

No comments:

Post a Comment