Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pokemon Black part 7: Magnets how do they work

Clay won't give me his TM until I meet him at a cave in route 6. It's pretty obvious where the game wants me to go now.

Bianca catches up to me just as I go onto route 6, wants another battle. Easy as usual, except for one thing.


Her Musharna is tanked on defense at this point, it actually took me a while to take down. Plus it kept using hypnosis and confusing me with psybeam. I had so much trouble with it, and it was only level 26! Bianca is becoming a real pain in the ass to fight.

After beating her, she gives me the HM02 Fly! Then goes to find to Cheren to give another one to him.

Route 6 is pretty long, but there's a healing place about half way through it at least. Clay said he'll be in front of a cave... looking at the town map there are 2 caves on this route. There's Mistralton Cave, a forgotten cave sealed with hints of a legend's presence. Someone tells me you can find the pokemon Cobalion there, and that it was said to have protected pokemon from a sea of fire in ancient Unova. Also that you need surf to get to Cobalion. That's probably not where I wanna go...

Chargestone Cave... The entrance to it is blocked by the nest of a pokemon... Clay comes by and bulldozes it, then gives me TM78 Bulldoze.

Clay: I still ain't sure just how able ya are, but...
Think ya wanna go somewhere, and ya can go anywhere.
Think ya wanna do somethin', and ya can, anytime.
And it's alright to do what ya like, y'know?
The only limit... is yerself!

This dude's alright.

As soon as I come into the cave I see N standing there, and some dudes in white hair and sunglasses teleport in out of nowhere. oh goody more Plasma plot!

...Come.
...
My lord N, we brought the one you wanted.

N: Ah, yes. That was the Shadow Triad, just now. Ghetsis enlisted them in Team Plasma. Apparently, they were the ones who prepared the Galvantula nest at the cave entrance. Chargestone Cave... I like this place. Formulas express electricity and its connection to pokemon... If people did not exist, this would be an ideal place. You have been chosen, you know. Does it surprise you that I said that?

umm, considering I have no idea what you're talking about. YES.

Of course. Such news should be a surprise. I told Ghetsis about you and your friends. After I did, he apparently used the Shadow Triad to find out about you. Cheren is pursuing the ideal of strength. Poor Bianca has faced the sad truth that not everyone can become stronger. And you are not swayed either way... more of a neutral presence. Which is apparently a good thing. Team Plasma will be waiting for you ahead. Ghetsis wants to see what kind of pokemon trainer you really are.

Then he walks away.

Only a few steps later, and Bianca AND professor Juniper show up. Juniper gives me an item to boost EXP, and tells me about the floating stones that can be pushed... She's here because she's trying to find out about the time when pokemon first came to this world. According to evidence from this cave, Klink existed no more than 100 years ago.

There's a nice variety of enemies in this cave, and surprisingly no zubats or any other bat-like pokemon... I like this one called Klink, a couple of rotating gears...


Reminds me of Magneton.

This cave actually pretty huge, and there's random battles every few steps, should've stocked up on repels... ughhaaaaaahhhhhh

Finally I'm at Team Plasma. And by now I've got my Gothita evolved into Gothorita.


They use hypnosis to control people and Pokémon. Tales of Gothorita leading people astray are told in every corner.

Sounds badass.

And Tranquill also evolved again... into some giant chicken thing.


More battling, including trainers... now I'm down to just Unfezant, my last pokemon. Suddenly I'm at the end of the cave and meet N.

The world turns gray with the mingling of a great many thoughts... I can't allow it to happen. Pokémon and humans should be cleanly split. As clearly separate as black and white. And it is then that Pokémon can be perfect. Yes! That is my dream! A dream I seek to make reality! Do you share my dream?

...Why?
Why is it that though I agonize over being a Trainer, no matter how much I fight, I can't win...?
Ugh! Is this how I am to pursue my ideals?!
The legendary Pokémon... will it befriend me...?!

What a whiny bitch. After barely beating him, Bianca and Juniper show up again, they talk some more, then N leaves, while Juniper stays to continue studying the cave, Bianca stays with her, saying she's Juniper's "bodyguard"...

Made it to the exit, and now I'm in Mistralton City, with a much needed pokemon center. That sure was the hardest part of the game so far...