Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Pokemon Black Part 8: Existentialist Tower

A guy named Cedric Juniper shows up and comments on my pokedex (currently 70 caught)... oh so this guy is professor Juniper's dad? He upgrades my pokedex...

There's an airport in this town, which is only for Cargo... apparently Unova is very far from Kanto and Sinnoh, so much that you need to fly to get there.

If trainers want to fly, they can go with a pokemon that knows the move fly.

... uh, Unfezant, you can carry me across 5000 miles in half a day, right?

Skyla: I'd be happy to have you challenge the gym, but there's something I need you to take care of first.

... surprise surprise. Are there any gym leaders in this world that aren't so lazy they have to get all of their challengers to do them favours?

Skyla, the gym leader of Mistralton city (yeah she's a flying type trainer for sure) says she saw something on top of Celestial Tower from the plane, says it's a sick pokemon. Yeah you can totally tell from that far away that a pokemon is sick... She says she's going to check on it, and I can come along...

Exploring the town... some nameless NPC says he'll tell me something interesting when I get the Mistralton badge...

There's some greenhouses right on the end of the airport landing strip. Also the gym is at the other side of the landing strip... XD could these be any more inconveniently placed? It must be hell for the pilot trying to land and take off in between a bunch of buildings. Other than the airport, pokemon center, and a couple houses there's nothing else in Mistralton City, it's just a tiny town in between routes...

Onto route 7. There's a... teddy bear with snot dribbling down its nose?


When it is not feeling well, its mucus gets watery and the power of its Ice-type moves decreases.

A pokemon based on cold symptoms... and look they even have a germ pokemon!


The inside of the Celestial Tower looks really nice... Also there's a lot of spiritual, religious type people in this tower... one of them comes up to me going

I'm here to understand the end of the world, but I don't quite get it. If I have a battle, will I be enlightened?

People, pokemon... even if the world is gone, that is not the end. I feel sure of it.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what? I have no idea what's going on here.

In a way... the Celestial Tower is a space full of desires to live.

Okay now I'm getting creeped out. This is still pokemon I'm playing, right?

I got to the top of Celestial Tower, Skyla is there, says she gave the pokemon a max revive and it flew away.

Hee hee, don't I have great eyesight? No matter how far away things are, a pilot's eyes can see them.

Yeah that makes perfect sense...

Oh, that's right! Since you've come this far, why don't you ring the bell? Celestial Tower's bell is for soothing the spirits of pokemon. Also, the character of the person ringing the bell is reflected in its sound.

Wow... how does that work? That's some magic up in this sheet. I go to ring the bell... nothing happens. Wasn't that exciting! After that very important quest of ringing a bell on top of a tower, I'm now able to challenge the gym leader.