Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Mother 3 high playthrough part 3: Wan Sum Dung

Chapter 3: The Suspicious Peddler

The pig ship has landed.

Mother 3 screenshot

Oh no they're bullying those monkeys...

Fassad:
Alright monkey! Listen up! If you don't do your job... then this girlie monkey is as good as dead.


Mother 3 screenshot

No... stop...

The monkey gets zapped whenever he disobeys his commands... He makes the monkey, dance, laugh, and backflip... and when the monkey starts crying...

Mother 3 screenshot

Hey, you stupid monkey! You only get to cry when I tell you to!
No... stop this.

You wound up being taken with Fassad.

Death Desert

I'm playing as the monkey right now... I'm in control, well not really... If I go anywhere besides where Fassad wants me to go I get zapped.
The monkey, Salsa, has monkey skills...
- Apologize to an enemy to stop it in its tracks.
- Perform various tricks to stop an enemy somwhat.
- Perform various dances for different results.
- Counter an enemy with its own attack.

Mother 3 screenshot

Fassad is much stronger than Salsa right now though, and does most of the work in battle.
Talked to a frog in a barrel... defeated a dung beetle and picked up a "Dung" item...

Mother 3 screenshot

Wan Sum Dung... that name is so perfect.
Gave him sum dung and he gave me some experience points.
You can easily get Salsa leveled up a lot here, just by guarding and letting Fassad kill everything. Some enemies often give you healing items for killing them too.

Found a luxury banana... but Fassad eats it. Oh... maybe it's better to stay away from collecting useful items if the enemy is likely to take the important ones.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Great Antlion... sorta feels like a boss battle, but it's just a normal enemy actually... I dunno it kinda has that aura of a boss battle about it... maybe I'm just way too high right now.

The frog... in exchange for saving him, he lets Salsa save.

... Frogs in the desert? It's not as crazy as you might think.

Mother 3 screenshot

Already at level 7... Okay I think I will take all those gift boxes then... This next boss, cactus wolf, is hard enough and Fassad helps me with it so I'll take all the help I can to defeat it, even if I risk losing some of those items to the enemy.

After that, I went around collecting more dung to prepare for the Cactus Dog fight.

When an enemy confuses Salsa, Fassad immediately zaps him back to obedience... Sometimes Fassad doesn't attack during battle. I think if Salsa doesn't attack once in a while, then Fassad will stop attacking too.
Fassad put his finger on the punisher button.
This part of the game is really neat actually... like I wouldn't be staying here grinding for so long if I didn't think it'd be more fun then just charging ahead as soon as possible... I like how Fassad is just barely not strong enough to defeat most of these enemies on his own in one turn, but with the help of level 8 Salsa, every single enemy battle can be won on the first turn. Salsa's growth in this short time period seem very noticeable... Now I'm at the point where I longer need to guard against these desert enemies.

Hmm... the water near that Wan Sum Dung guy has gotten all dungy now... you can still drink it...

Oh wow... I just realized dancing is a VERY good tactic... it just does a random buff/enemy debuff each turn. There, that Cactus Dog was easy with Salsa only at level 8

Underground Highway

Oh man this creepy music section...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Pork... truffles... I think Pokey actually sniffed out the secret power of Giygas and Magicant in M2, and with that power became what he is now in M3.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Got an Ancient Banana... I guess Fassad is full and lets me keep it this time.

Mother 3 screenshot

Yeah I'd better not throw that running bomb in here... or else Salsa could get away with the punisher device... heh...
lol nah that's not what happens, that'd be cool though.

Mother 3 screenshot

Came out of this strange suspicious tunnel... into a cemetery north of a village.... yep... Tazmily Village.
Wow this is creepy... it's like these enemies are already infiltrating the world in various ways that you had no idea about. This kinda reminds me of EarthBound when Giygas's forces infiltrated Winters and Threed via the cave below Stonehenge, except this time you get to see some of it from the enemy's perspective.

Fassad:
This tall man never leaves this spot... and I've never seen him talk with anyone, either.


Mother 3 screenshot

Butch:
I'm not sure why, but this stuff is incredible... Just having lots of it can get you anything you want!
Fassad runs into Duster...

Butch to Duster:
What? You don't know what money is? ...Actually, I'm not really all that sure, either. After all, we've never had it in Tazmily Before.
He gave it to me in exchange for some pigs. Yeah, he really took a liking to those pigs...
Yeah, probably to make weird hybrid monsters out of.

Oh damn wait... is it showing me... yeah it's the scene from Chapter 2 when Duster sees Butch hide the money... wow... So this whole chapter 3 is actually chapter 2 from the monkey's perspective.

Mother 3 screenshot

Salsa separates from Fassad at night at the inn... Salsa got caught trying to escape, and his memories of all his past punishments flash before him... like some trippy war trauma.

Mother 3 screenshot

Fassad tells the monkey he'll set him free after he does one last job... distract the villagers by dancing around and making friends...

Mother 3 screenshot

Some people fall into Fassad's brainwashing... "I'd like to see what happiness looks like"

Abbot
Abbey
Biff
Isaac
Fassad tells Salsa to go deliver these people their Happy Boxes... With a 23 minute life threatening time limit... Now he's zapping the monkey even for obeying... damn.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Is my Happy Box ready yet? I'm really looking forward to it.
Oh wow... that tunnel where the pig tank dug through on the way to Osohe castle in chapter 2... That's where Fassad and Salsa came from just now... That path to the desert is now gated off. Only the secret graveyard path connects the desert to Tazmily.

I explored all of the town and found the 4 characters before going to the cemetery to find out I was supposed to grab each Happy Box from there first to deliver them... and also Mapson marks their locations on the map for you.

Abbey canceled her order when she saw Abbot getting one. I'm done I guess...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

... and then Duster and his dad Wess and the princess Kumatora steal the treasure from Osohe castle before the pig invaders do... Fassad is angry about this, tries to get the monkey to dance to open the door in the basement, to get to where Duster went, but Salsa can't do the correct dance until he gets zapped a few times...

Mother 3 screenshot

Fassad:
We can't let criminals run amuck in Tazmily! We must all seek happiness... or this village will be in grave danger!


Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Kumatora and Wess rescued Salsa that night while Fassad was asleep... and Kuma got Wess go to steal the device...Salsa and Kumatora's levels are 12/14

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This Pork Tank battle was hard at first... but then when I ran out of healing items and PP I just guarded while Wess finished him off... easy.

This scene is awesome... Lucas comes and saves Wess and the others with the baby Drago and his parent.. Wess tells him about what happened with Duster...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot


- Chapter 4: Club Titiboo -

- Tazmily, 3 years later -

Mother 3 screenshot

Tazmily has become more of a city... Are the NPCs different looking now too? They look more like the sprites from Earthbound... Well they're different characters I guess who have moved in since the town expanded...

Lucas remembers his mom whenever he looks in the mirror...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

There are now shops and inns that take Dragon Points as currency... Lucas's house is the only place that has stayed the same in the last 3 years.

The Happy Box is giving off light of some sort.

Got a trivia card... it says try using it on human enemies...

Some of the characters still haven't gotten brainwashed, and their homes have been struck by lightning repeatedly because they are the only ones without happy boxes... There's also the Happy Cooling Box... Happy bear... etc...

wtf, opened a gift box and found... a reggae rhythm...

A pig lying at the beach... a man and woman looking at each other from a distance...
No drinking! No swimming! No swimming! No drinking! And swimming while hallucinating is absolutely out of the question!
lol wow... it's like... Pokey's effects on the world made everything more weird and silly like it was in EarthBound... although maybe it's a bit more grim than that.
Out taking your dog for a walk? You must really think you're someone special. Seriously, you don't even work. Even kids are working at the factory nowadays, you know.


Mother 3 screenshot

Found Nana, the Paula-looking character.. she warns me about the extremely long dialog... of course I chose to read it anyway.
Do you know what a trumpet is? I was actually thinking about learning how to play the trumpet... but I didn't. It's not that I was bad at it or anything. That's just how it was destined to be. Do you know what destiny is? Destiny. If you do, then that's cool. My destiny just didn't cross the destiny of trumpets. That's all. But thanks to my not taking up the trumpet, I can use the time I would've spent practicing it on other things. That's one way of looking at it. It's not like I'm doing something wrong here. Yeah. I'll start something else, and who knows, maybe that'll turn out well. Like maybe I could start practicing the yanopi... Do you know what a yanopi is? It's the proper term for a piano. What if I start practicing the yanopi now and wind up being the greatest yanopist ever, charming the hearts of men the world over? If that happens, it'd mean I was right about everything, wouldn't it? My fate still hasn't kissed the yanopis' fate at a crosswalk just yet, but nobody knows what the future holds. Not even mole crickets, water striders, or horned owls. Hey, you. Smile. Yes. You have a really cute smile, you know that? So, anyway, basically...
Visited Mike in the nursing home... he's Lucas's other grandfather apparently?... some sexual harassment joke that I'm sure won't be there in the official Mother 3 translation that eventually comes out.

Wess seems unaffected by the Happy Box.

Mother 3 screenshot

This is so surreal... it's like you go from this peaceful, friendly town that you spent 3 chapters in... and now suddenly it becomes this grim, cold place where everything costs DP and people who don't have much DP are like like living prison cells practically. The nursing home literally looks like they're living in prison conditions.

Alec says lightning destroyed his mountain home and was forced into this nursing home...

That old dying man is gone now...
Parrot:
I'm not stuffed! I'm alive! I'm plenty alive, dagnabbit!
The pig farm is now the pig army's training facility.

Met some characters Lucas knows at the train station... they're coming back home from work at the factory... I guess the factory is probably in the Sunshine Forest or at Mt. Oliander. Jackie is convinced Duster is at Club Titiboo, playing the drums...

That tall guy who was always standing tat Cross Road is gone... I wonder if he'll be relevant later.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This billboard has messages from people in town... lots of advertisements too... there's a lot of messages here.
I say we remodel the old ruins of Osohe Castle and turn it into a Tazmily resort facility. (Anonymous)
If you wanna ride the train, go to the station! You can ride the train if you go to the station! The train speeds along! Along speeds the train! Let's go-go-go to the factory on the train! (Train Station Attendants)
Is the lightning helping us? Thanks to the lightning, all the dirty, old houses are being cleaned away. So, in a way, the lightning is helping all of us. That's what I think. (From a popular citizen)
Happy Boxes are the greatest! Now to develop even bigger screens! (Abbot and Abbey)
I want too bee a Pigmask too. How can I bee wun? I no I can bee a gud wun. Pleese let me bee a Pigmask. Also, I thought Omelets is good. Well, gudbye. (Fried Pork Kid)
After a hard day's work, there's only one thing to do: spend every last DP you own at Club Titiboo! Club Titiboo is a paradise of music! And other stuff, too! Come see the DCMC in concert, live! (Club Titiboo)
I have sand in my shoes, and I don't know what to do. Somebody do something! (Nana)
Why not consider working at the retirement home? Veterans of life are waiting for your kindness. But please stop quitting one after the other. (Retirement Home Director)
Who in the world IS Leder? Try as hard as I might, I just can't remember anything about him. It's keeping me up at night. (Mike)
We've been slowly running out of friends at the castle lately. People of Tazmily, please pass away at a faster pace, if you would be so kind. Thanks. (Anonymous Ghost)
Notice. Scamp has died. That is all. (Staff)
Select, cheerful police officers wanted. Start a new career as an officer of the Tazmily police force! Do well, and you could even make some Pigmask friends! (Pusher, Tazmily Police Dept.)
Watch out for Chimeras. Strange animals known as Chimeras seem to be increasing in number lately. They are dangerous. Be careful of them. (From a brave person)
Show courtesy to Mr. Fassad. There are many ignorant people who complain about him. I think that is a very bad thing to do. "Tazmily is nothing without Mr. Fassad." Please take this to heart. (Isaac)
"Titiboo News"
DCMC to debut a new song soon?!
Desperado! (Reckless!)
Crash! (Powerful!)
Mambo! (Sensational!)
Combo! (Guys!)
No one can stop the DCMC's momentum now!
Stopping here for now, in Sunshine Forest... Lucas and Boney are level 12 and 13... the enemies up ahead get quite hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment