Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Mother 3 high playthrough part 4: OH MY PORK

- Chapter 4: Club Titiboo continued -

Okay so Sunshine Forest isn't where I'm supposed to go. The enemies here are way too strong for Lucas and Boney... back in the town, Wess is yelling at Fassad, saying he's he's doing something to this town and is the one behind the lightning strikes... Wess asks Lucas to go find Duster, who I gathered is at Club Titiboo...

Where is this Club Titiboo, anyway? No idea... then I happened to come across an NPC who says you need to take the train to get there... I don't have a ticket though, and the train isn't running... the train guy suggests walking along the tracks...

The enemies along these tracks are kinda tough... I got killed by one of them that kept calling for help... Got a bit further... these butterflies are not useful at all because Lucas doesn't have any PSI moves yet... found a magic butterfrog... oh, the Magypsie person here teaches Lucas a bunch of PSI moves by drowning him in the hot spring...

Clayman Factory

A sign warns me to stay away from the camelsnakes...

Mother 3 screenshot

another sign:
Youngsters! Here's you're chance to sweat beautiful sweat! Part time help wanted at the factory.
Sweet, there's a frog, now I can try and fight that camelsnake... in fact, with the frog being the respawn point, there's no downside to getting killed here. You just respawn right there at the frog again but with all your HP and PP maxed out, and you keep whatever stuff you got before you died... wow this almost feels like cheating, but I guess it's a fair strategy...

Yep, as I thought, the camelsnakes are way to strong for Lucas and Boney, I died against them and respawned right where I was at full health.

Mother 3 screenshot

This Factory has clayman people working there... This atmosphere is very surreal... just the feeling of mindless, numbing repetition is everywhere in the air here...

Signed up for part time work... "Sign your name on this document... no not your name, the name of, uh, you know... the person pulling the strings, I guess you could say?"

oh yeah the game has this thing going on... last time I inputted the player's name, it was with Flint at that temple...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

This factory is for digging up clay, but it has one other, secret purpose... they say there's an insanely huge dragon buried underground... bigger than this whole island...

After I finished with that, I'm able to go to Club Titiboo... gotta find it first... tried exploring but the enemies around here are very tough and respawn quickly...

Mother 3 screenshot

Pigtunia enemies that sprout more of themselves... beating them without PSI takes forever... damn I wasn't expecting the enemies to get this hard...
My levels now are at 17/16...

wtf, I died, but then instead of respawning at the frog in front of the factory, I respawned at some hot spring, in some area I don't have a map for, and there's super strong enemies everywhere.. and there's a chicken that can give you free eggs,,,

Mother 3 screenshot

No idea where this is... oh, I found my way back to the factory... and actually there's a Mapson just a bit north of there... got the map of the area around the Factory/Club Titiboo that I should've found right away.

Mother 3 screenshot

Club Titiboo is up on the top of that left mountain... you need to take the Ropeway to get there... for some reason when I died, it spawned me at the hot spring near the bottom of the Club Titiboo mountain, which I've never been to, so I was a bit lost...

Mother 3 screenshot

Took the ropeway up to Club Titiboo... opened a gift box, and the fireworks inside went off... looked through some binoculars and saw a big ominous tower in the distance...

Mother 3 screenshot

lol these Club Titiboo bouncers don't let Lucas and Boney in, cuz pets aren't allowed... so they come back with Boney dressed up and standing... apparently these people act a lot like dogs cuz now they're sniffing us out...
You smell underage... you smell like an underage kid and a dog!
Then Violet comes out and seems to recognize us and lets us in...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

lmao wtf, that Neckbeard guy REALLY likes Boney suddenly...
DCMC FAN CLUB
Members Wanted!
D Desperado
C Crash
M Mambo
C Combo
We're looking for help for the cheering squad.
Violet tells Lucas she's actually Kumatora...

For some reason the drink/food stand sells Doggy Biscuits in here... another place that sells DCMC merchandise...

Mother 3 screenshot

The eggs I got from that chicken before have turned into chickens, sold them for some DP...
All the waitresses here giggle at the end of everything they say... I really wish they'dget rid of that rule, though. It's so stupid. *giggle*


Mother 3 screenshot

lol that guy and girl that were staring at each other at the beach before, now they're sitting directly across the room from each other...
Boney suggests we go sit down so the encore can start.

"OH MY PORK. It looks like our time is up for today."

Mother 3 screenshot

Tessie, one of the Tazmily residents I recognize from the previous chapters, is watching the show and saw the wig, and knows for sure it's Duster who's playing as Lucky on the Bass...

Kumatora leads Ness down the secret underground tunnel to her room, they have a long discussion, trying to figure out what's going on... This is where Lucas starts to grow from a worthless crybaby into more of a hero character.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Lucas: "I want to be stronger..."
Kumatora: "We'll never figure out what happened to that hummingbird egg until Duster regains his memory."

She then shows Lucas the secret attic passageway to Duster's room. Kumatora's room is like a ninja house lol

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

woah... this attic is like a Zelda 1 dungeon...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Wish I could've got a screenshot of a high combo on one of those instrument enemies.
These mice having dinner... um... come again? They're saying something, but I'm not sure what...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

The next boss is these old bass guitar that thrown in the attic and replaced with a better one... Boney died at the Jealous instrument band... once you get rid of the other instruments, their jam session attack is much less powerful... Had to use a magic tart and a lot of Defense up + Lifeup spam to defeat it... but I beat it first try. It's amazing how good this game is at not making you grind... I've just been exploring every room and fighting the enemies I can't avoid, and that's been putting me at the perfect level where the boss fights are hard but fair.

Mother 3 screenshot

Lucky can't remember him being Duster, but he can remember where he hid the egg that he had a feeling was very important... He hid it in a dirt clod in a valley, near a dead clayman...

This place they described just now... Lucas recognizes it as that place he saw through the optional binoculars... the unknown valley just beyond the Club Titiboo ropeway...

Now he isn't sure which one he wants to be...
Duster or Lucky... One of them will cease to exist after today...
woah... this is some deep existential crisis stuff going on...

The rest of the band members convince him to go with his destiny... "If destiny decides it, I'll say goodbye to you with a smile on my face."

Stone-Sheet-Clippers... have to defeat 5 in a row... well technically with a frog right there I can do that no problem in time...
OJ Last... says he ties with Magic and Baccio
Magic says he always ends up tying against Shimmy... wants to go first...
Baccio says Shimmy uses stone, and he should go a little later...
Shimmy Zmizz says Baccio loses to Magic... wants to go...
Lucky says him, Magic, and OJ play, they always tie... doesn't want to go yet...
hmm...

Nope, I'm too high to figure this out... just winged it for some of them... lol if you choose the wrong thing against the band leader, Neckbeard comes and distracts everyone and you get to go again...
when the band leader sees Lucas do what he told him, he conceded that Duster's destiny must be to go with Lucas...

As soon as Kumatora realizes she's done with this job, she starts acting angry and aggressive again like usual...

I'm not sure if I understood that puzzle just now... I think you were only supposed to trust the members that seemed trustworthy, maybe?

Duster and Kumatora joined the group.
Lucas/Duster/Kumatora/Boney's levels are now 20/19/16/18

Mother 3 screenshot

Chapter 4 end... TIME 16:11

Mother 3 screenshot

- Chapter 5 - Tower of Thunder -

Next destination is the area just passed the mountain on the opposite side of the Club Titiboo mountain... I just realized that tower is the thing that is causing the lightning attacks... a bunch of Claymen working there... that's where Duster hid the egg...

But first I'm gonna backtrack and explore the area around the base of these 2 mountains... Now with 4 party members all those monsters that were around the ropeway area and that other unknown building I respawned near that one time for some reason... I can storm through this area easily now and see what's around here while also gaining a few levels.

Mother 3 screenshot

There's something insignificant written here, but because it's insignificant, you didn't read it.
lmao another fireworks present

Mother 3 screenshot

hmm.. found another one of those dance doors, like in Osohe Castle... need to bring Wess here.

Went back to the hot spring... may as well take as many eggs as I can carry... Actually nah, not if you gotta stay in the spring again before he'll give you another one... in fact it turns the eggs your carrying into hot spring eggs. I guess those are useful to have...

The combo system is really fun sometimes when you get like a whole combo rally going for the whole turn.

huh... there's a man climbing up the cliff here.

Mother 3 screenshot

Got a lot of quick level ups from all the pig tulips and ostrichphants... hell yeah, I even took out a camelsnake, that was pretty hard, but with some buffs, and combo attacks it was beatable...

Now after that pointless backtrack my levels are 22/22/20/21

Both Lucas and Kumatora are getting a lot of fevers and learning a bunch of new PSI powers...

Finally heading towards the tower...

Murasaki Forest

The enemies here are a bit harder than the ones back in the factory area, but again I'm killing it with the combo attacks...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Boney: "I can be a dog again now right?"

There's a whole bunch of holes now where Duster buried the egg... have to go through a mole tunnel maze...
In actuality, mole tunnels are more than just places to live; they also serve as traps intended to confuse and capture food, such as insects. In other words, the moles' tunnels act as literal dungeons.
These moles are falling into the same pattern as Tazmily Village... except these moles seem to be REALLY proud of their hole... that has gotten so much bigger these past 3 years...
May the ground everywhere become a complex hole!
One of the moles dreamed about noodles...
once upon a time, there was a lazy mole who lived in a hole. this mole would never, ever dig on his own. Instead, he would stand by holes that others dug and say *dig* *dig* *dig* *dig*.
What happened to that mole you ask? No, uhh, I don't know this story very well.
Finally found the right hole to drop into... made it to the area where Duster buried the egg...

Mother 3 screenshot

Then the lightning tower suddenly woke the clayman back to life and it started running away with the egg.

Woah this tower looks huge up close... I thought there might be another town or something soon to stop at, maybe not...

Sweet... was JUST about to use a tart, but then I found a butterfly in a present box

With Lucas and Duster at level 23 now, and me having mastered these combo beats... those kangashark enemies are nothing now...

Got to a frog... gonna keep going for a bit cuz I'm on a roll with this game... I still don't want to stop yet.

TIME 17:30

woah... The pigs in this tower mistake Lucas for Claus, and treat him like their general... I guess this is sort of like a town area then.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

They tell Lucas that they saw a clayman run through here and out the back entrance.

Highway

Mother 3 screenshot

One of the pigmask guys lended me his Pork Bean, now I can explore this big highway area really quickly without fighting any enemies...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Beat the Pork Trooper boss first try easily... I am killing it at this game holy pork... first guarded and sniffed his weaknesses, then buffed, then pounded away with tons of high combos...

Mother 3 screenshot

Explored the highway area with the Pork Bean... got the map... wrote graffiti on a sign that says "bouillon" and added "soup"

Got off the Pork Bean and walked around in some of these areas because I wanted to check out the battle sprites of these weird looking chimeras on the highway... there's rhinocerocket... atomic power robot (I remember that thing), and there's also this strange creature...

Mother 3 screenshot

This mouse NPC wants me to find her 7 children who are lost somewhere on the highway...

Mother 3 screenshot

Found a robot who wants me to recharge him as much as possible before it makes him explode, in exchange for money...

Mother 3 screenshot

These recharge stations also recharge your Pork Bean. I didn't know these things needed recharging... I didn't bother finding out what happens if your Pork Bean runs out of gas.

Almost at the garbage dump... got to a place with a carfrog and a bunch of other stuff at the garbage dump parking lot... There's also a cafe, and new equipment to buy...

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

A yellow shirt pigmask knows I'm not really the commander, but isn't telling on me. I wonder what his deal is...

So far I found 3/7 of those mouse children... I could continue towards the garbage dump, but instead I'll explore the highway some more and try to find more mice...

You can actually take the pork bean all the way back to that secret tunnel that Fassad and the monkey took in the 3rd chapter... you can get a super bomb and luxury banana there... but you can't go out through the door to the tazmily graveyard or back to Death Desert.

Mother 3 screenshot Mother 3 screenshot

Found some more mice on the way back... explored the whole highway now... I bet those last 2 mice are somewhere up ahead passed the cafe... stopping here for now.

My levels are now 24/24/23/23
TIME 18:29

No comments:

Post a Comment