Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Sunday, May 21, 2017

Yooka Laylee playthrough log part 6

- Moodymaze Marsh 2 -
most of the new stuff that opened up is some tricky platforming with tongue lash (hookshot), but it can be completely trivialized by the flight ability. although there's this one rolling platforming race section that flying doesn't help with, it's kinda challenging.
that british skeleton girl is back now, and this time is actually not captured and being cooked, and instead wants us to get a gem for her. uh... this is a REALLY pointless section. it's just a foggy room with nothing in it except ice cubes you have to break with the sonar splosion.. and at the end is the gem. pretty easy so far...

aaaaaaaah! wtf
this gardening minigame.. this is undoubtedly the hardest part of the entire game. you have to push some round seeds into the soft dirt holes. it's REALLY finicky and hard to control.. it's also on a timer, and if the time runs out you gotta go back and get a new seed and start over. it's also REALLY easy to get the seed stuck on the side or corner of a fence or something. also there are thorny plants that not only hurt if you run into them but if the seed runs into them it gets destroyed and you have to start over... at least the camera is fixed to an overhead view so it's easy to see everything.
the first 2 seeds took me a few tries, and I thought that was it but there's actually a 3rd seed and hole, and this one is a BITCH. look at this shit

Yooka-Laylee screenshot

...
wind? did they really need to add WIND to this? this is madness... this is incredibly frustrating. it's like, purposefully designed to be as frustrating as possible. it requires a ton of precision to get the seed through this obstacle course even without the wind factor. the wind can mess you up so easily and there's almost nothing you can do about it, unless you can manage to quickly and accurately move push the seed against the wind's direction... this took me over an hour to beat.

... wow I am SO glad that's over... god damn...

so now, I'm kinda stuck... there's still 3 pagies, 9 quills, and 1 health extender I have yet to find in this level, and I've flown around several times and can't find anything that looks new to me... one of the pagies will be from finding the quills.
oh wait, I did find one place I haven't done yet... one of the underwater pipes in the clean lake section leads to an area that you need the spindash move for, I haven't done this yet.. it's a series of timed door spindash challenges.. the last of the quills are here too...
now I'm just missing 1 pagie and the health extender... and they're both found in the other clean lake that opened up in the expanded world that I didn't notice before.

...

A bit later, I found out you can actually use the tongue to drag the seed balls around in that annoying little farming challenge in Moodymaze Marsh. I beat it just by pushing the balls around, which made it WAY harder than it needed to be. lol no wonder it seemed so badly designed to me when I did it. This definitely would've been a "scream at the screen" moment if I had made a video of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment