Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Friday, October 28, 2016

Fatal Frame playthrough log part 3

Yep I was right... There are a couple more projectile-shooting random ghost encounters on the way back to the moon shrine, but I managed to escape them. Then I put the amulet back into the moon shrine pedestal, and a passage to the basement opened up... Down there I found another piece of the holy mirror... Then I got attacked by that crazy invincible ghost with a bunch of hands, the same one that almost got me at the end of chapter 3 (but then somehow I was saved)...

Night 4 - Final Night
This chapter is really short.. That one female ghost that always helped point out something for me... She is there now and helps me open the passage to the attic... I get a bunch of much-needed healing items and film... and eventually get to a prison cell where this helpful ghost girl is... This is where she was kept locked up until it was time for her to perform the strangling ritual.. there's a view of the atrium from there... The only link to the outside world...

I found yet another piece of the holy mirror here, as well as a bunch of diaries explaining that this woman met a guy in the garden and that guy made her more aware of the outside world and she became less willing to do the ritual... As a result, she failed the ritual and caused the calamity to happen...

After that, I got attacked by the mega ghost again... This time I had to run, because if he catches you it's automatically game over... The image is all grainy during this chase part... The path lead back down to the main floor, and eventually made it to the atrium... I don't even know if this is the right way to go, and I'm not even looking at the map, but my instincts lead me here...

When I got outside, that ghost finally stopped chasing me...

I went back down to the basement, and there's a path further ahead... Had to fight 3 ghosts at once that were a bit tough... Got a bunch more useful items... Then found some diaries from Mafuyu (Miku's brother), saying he knew about Miku being there but couldn't manage to contact her, it's like they are trapped in two different versions of the mansion... Mafuyu says that the ritual sacrifice woman thinks Mafuyu resembles her lover... Eventually I get to the end, the place where the strangling ritual actually takes place... The door here is open, the calamity is coming out through it... There's the spot where the holy mirror goes...

That multi-hand ghost appears again. This time, I figure out that you can actually damage him if you have a full charge. and luckily, I have all the camera upgrades now except for the final charge level, and plenty of strong film... This boss battle was pathetically easy... He comes toward you at a snail's pace, is visible half the time, and only teleports a little bit to the left or right...

Miku's camera lights up and rockets out of her hands... It falls on the floor and breaks... The boss ghost isn't fully destroyed yet and is still coming toward me. That helpful girl ghost points to the broken camera. I go there and find the last piece of the holy mirror... then I insert the holy mirror into its place and that ends the game...

The holy mirror destroys the demon possing Mafuyu and the ritual woman... The woman then completes her ritual to close the door and keep it closed by having herself tied up in front of it... Mafuyu is in love with this woman now and decides to stay here with her...
Clear Time: 09:55:09
Total Points: 114547
Rank D

I guess I'll try out the alt costume and at least replay a bit of the first chapter...

Wow yeah, I'm much better at this game now... Although having all the camera upgrades helps a lot.
I got some of the wanderers that I missed last time, but I still just barely missed a couple of them as I played through like half of the first chapter in about half an hour... I don't think it's worth it to go for a 100% story clear.

Oh, and I just now noticed how the grey filter when the end boss is chasing Miku... That's the same filter as when you're playing as Mafuyu at the beginning.

Oh and there's also special "battle missions" that were unlocked... Just various ghost battles where you are given only a single set of film, no healing items, and ranked based on your score and time... I beat the first 5 missions with like rank C-D... I dunno I could see this maybe being enjoyable, but I'd rather just move onto other games.

No comments:

Post a Comment