Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Kirby's Dream Land 2 high playthrough part 2

jeez... the secret item in 6-2... I have NO idea how to get that... that level forces you to get ice... and the only other things you can get after that are Rock and Rick... none of those can open the weird blocks with a line in them...

also this game has a really strange difficulty curve... really depends on what abilities you have at each section..

just found out you need to bring Kine the fish into 6-2 to swim against the current at that part where you have to blind jump to find a door in the water, to get spark from a miniboss... then go in that door again and go with the current to get Rick and Spark... fucking hell... I keep thinking I've got it all but then realize i've missed yet ANOTHER step... after you get Rick, then use the beam to free Coo, then swap for Coo so you can fly against the wind in the next section and get the cutter... jeez
anything else?...

Kracko was terribly easy with Coo + cutter... would've been easy with Coo + lightning too (just noticed that is literally the same as Kracko's main attack...
Kracko has 2 phases in this

World 7 is cool... 7 stages... they are all kinda samey and mostly just focused on dealing with enemies... Metaknight's minions are here a lot...
beat sleepwalking Dedede (seriously it looks like he's sleeping this whole fight)
credits... a shadowed out figure... The End?

89%

yeah... I'm still missing the secret item of world 7... where is it?
oh wait duh... I forgot about that thing in 7-7 I needed fire for...
it's... a big dumb trial + error guessing game... i'm using the guide for this shit

then then after beating Dedede again, all the rainbow drop things combined together, and got the rainbow sword to fight the real last boss...

this boss fight... holy shit wtf... I can't figure out how to predict and react to this guy's attacks at all... he often moves both horizontally and vertically toward you, so even if you only hit him from the safest spot, diagonally across from him, you still lose most of your health on the first phase...

ooooh... I didn't know you can hit his ball attack back at him like Ganon...

still pretty hard though...
that 2nd phase seemed hard, until I learned you could do a TON of damage to it during its first few attacks by getting behind it...
went from 40 lives to 26 lives...

still only 94% completed though...

oh I see... the first 6 boss doors have become bonus games... collect all the stars without getting hit to get the file to 100%...
except you can only play each bonus game only once in a save file... apparently you gotta get perfect on each game then beat the game again to unlock the bonus games menu?

I tried each bonus game at least... beat the game again and now have 96%...



A few weeks later, I completed all of the bonus games and got 100%, unlocked sound test, boss rush, and bonus rush.

The bonus rush gives you a ranking based on how well you did. I only saw the "Good" and "Bad" ranking screens.

I got reasonably far on the boss rush. it took a lot of practice to learn how to beat these bosses without an animal buddy and without getting hit. The fish boss was hard until I learned its pattern and then it became easy.. the ice monster boss is easy as long as you are super patient... the sun+moon boss I usually lose more than half my health on. it's just that the damn sun always chooses the worst time to shoot down its stars and makes it hard to avoid. and also I keep getting tricked when they do their formation and it looks like they're going to do it one way but then they suddenly switch sides and do it the other way around.

I managed to get up to the 6th boss once at least, and died there. I could keep going and probably get to the final boss with enough practice, but it would be a huge time sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment