Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Breath of the Wild first playthrough log part 11

Wow, I'm totally lost trying to find the Hebra tower... Also a lot of shrines seem to be hidden underground, like there's some cave entrance I need to find that the shrine sensor doesn't help me with... This is a pretty tough region to explore. There's a lot of good shield surfing spots here though.

Found some shrines and a snowball bowling minigame where you can win rupees... Finally found the tower a bit later.

North Lomei Labyrinth... wow the shrine in this place was really cleverly hidden... found a ton of good loot too.

Next I explored the outside of Death Mountain... Found Dinraal, the fire dragon, and got his scale. Found one of the Leviathan skeletons, and found a Goron climbing challenge where a goron blocks a shrine until you complete the easy version of the challenge at least once... it's just a climbing challenge where you have to collect as many rupees as you can.

Next I went to the other Labyrinth I saw off the north coast of Akalla... it's like a big isolated maze island out in the ocean, similar to in Zelda 2. This labyrinth is patrolled by flying guardian drones, making it much harder to explore the top of it. And there's even a walking guardian inside the bottom of the maze, in an open space that branches out into a bunch of other maze paths. By now I've gotten a good feel for how to deflect the guardian's lasers... but I find the drone guardians are still really hard to deflect.

After finding the shrine in this labyrinth, there was an open hole with wind coming out of it... I fell down through the hole and came into this huge open underground area filled with dead guardians... after opening a chest, some of the dead guardians came back to life... They're easy to deflect when there's just one of them, but fighting like 3 at once is an ordeal... some of them even started doing combo chain attacks... and then others came back to life as I came close to them and try to collect the materials...

Akalla definitely seems to be one of the more guardian-infested areas.

I got an anti-guardian accessory from the chest here... and also all 3 of these labyrinth shrines had attack-up clothing, and I now have the whole set... wow, I feel way stronger at this point. I could probably knock out all 3 of the remaining divine beasts and beat the game at this point. I guess what I'll do next is go to Death Mountain and see what's up with that divine beast quest, and then after I pull out the Master Sword, I'll do each of those beast quests all in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment