Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Breath of the Wild first playthrough log part 6

Akalla Citidel Ruins... it used to be a fortress protecting Akalla. Had to use sneaky food to get passed to the drones, to get through that to get to Akalla Tower. This tower is covered in ooze... gotta go around the tower to find the one high spot where you can glide to it above the ooze.

After that I went ahead staight to Eldin Tower as well... it wasn't hard at all to climb up the mountain to it, especially with this trick I learned where you can regain stamina on steep inclines by switching between climbing and running with B.
The heat at this part of Death Mountain is still below damaging level.
I see the divine beast climbing around on the peak of Death Mountain from here... that still looks SO high up, even from the top of Eldin Tower.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

I now have the entire east side of Hyrule's map filled out.

Next I went to the Akalla Ancient Tech Lab... the old scientist Robbie is really weird... he's married to a woman much younger than him, and he has a robot that he named Cherry, but his wife forced him to stop calling it Cherry... lol this robot is shamefully asking for rupees from Link.

Now that I have the Akalla map, I can easily see the path between the lab and the furnace... this makes it much easier than the Hateno one, which I didn't have the map for at the time.

Woah, wtf, since relighting some of the blue flame lanterns, some of the guardians reactivated... there wasn't a blood moon or anything...

From Robbie's memoirs, I found out Robbie and Purah came upon Fort Hateno... Link had battled an army of guardians there, and it was where he'd been defeated...

this journal is really long...

Also I went to the bottom of Skull Lake and met this monster fanatic... he travels around and sells monster-themed gear, in exchange for his own special currency that you can only get by selling him monster parts. He says he travels around to the various towns at night...

Okay, now that I've been to both Sheikah tech labs... Next I'm on the hunt for Hetsu... I have so many Korok seeds to trade in.
I last saw him near Hylia River, as he was lost on his way back to Korok Forest.

I started exploring more of west Necluda again, finding a lot of shrines I missed...
Toto Sah shrine... this is a really cool gyro puzzle... gotta rotate the platforms around in a wa that you can cross them.
oh wow, there's actually a shrine that has a locked door and a key that you need to find... I'm surprised there hasn't been many of those yet in this game.

I just found out if you stay on the main road, you horse follows the road automatically, so you can just ride around on autopilot while enjoying the scenery and looking around for stuff.

WHAT
...
I'm exploring Crenel Mountain... I see a little secluded area with a 300 HP lightning wizzrobe and some yellow chuchus... I put on some rubber gear and try to fight them... what's annoying about these enemies is they always make me drop my weapon when they electrocute me... and then to make things worse, the little enclosed area I was fighting them in started flooding, due to the sudden heavy rainfall... did the wizzrobe summon a storm or something?
I got completely slaughtered here... this is insanely hard. This is probably like, the hardest non-miniboss enemy situation I've encountered yet in the game. I died like 5 times.
LOL I was right... that wizzrobe had a Thunderstorm Rod. I was lured into a trap. I finally managed to beat it by sniping it from outside of the enclosed pit that gets flooded.

Yikes... the road on the west side of Hylia River, which goes into Hyrule Field... I had to fight a couple of guardians and a stalhinox at the same time... broke most of my shields... I realized I don't have many hard hitting weapons left... I guess now would be a good time to go do the Zora dungeon since all I have are electrical elemental weapons.

I saw that monster shop appear again, on the outskirts of Zora's Domain... I guess he only starts showing up after you initially talk to him at Skull Lake.

Got Zora Groaves for bringing a photo of a Lynel to a zora that was asking for it.

That Vah Ruta battle was really fun... Sidon carries you throught the water to where you can swim up the waterfalls coming off of the sides of the divine beast, and then while in midair you can shoot shock arrows at the 4 weak parts of its body... meanwhile in between each of those you have to fight off a bunch of floating ice blocks with Cryonis.

Now starting the Vah Ruta dungeon... It gives you a warp point so you can jump off the dungeon and warp back here later if you want.

wtf... I got incredibly stuck on the 3rd terminal... I got to the point where I thought the game was glitched or something... but then I realized I missed the map terminal on the first floor that Mipha was pointing me to. After getting that, I gained the power to move the elephant's trunk around, and from there, solving the rest of the dungeon's terminal puzzles was fairly easy... These puzzles are very clever.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

This dungeon design is weird... it has that same "you can go anywhere" feel that the rest of the game is based on, but you can't climb any of the dungeon walls... you can go around the outsides of the dungeon, even glide ontop of it and drop down through any of the openings... it feels very organic.

Waterblight Ganon was easy with all the shock arrows I had saved up...

Mipha's spirit appears, and she gives her healing power to Link... Vah Ruta is now under Link's control... It gets piloted over to the top of a mountain, and then it takes aim at Hyrule Castle and a huge red beam shoots out directly towards the castle... There's a really sad scene here with Mipha's ghost...

King Dorephan reminds Link that he still needs to get the Master Sword back.

All the Zoras in Zora's Domain now have different dialog, and a bunch of new sidequests are opened up...
Laruta:
A gift from the sky... scale of light... Splits the feet... of a Veiled Falls sight... Your trial awaits... it's glowing bright.
I went to the pedestal at Veiled Falls, and now that I have the Lightscale Trident, it's really obvious what to do... I jumped off the waterfall, and slammed the trident into the glowing pedestal at the bottom, and that made a shrine appear.

I still haven't found the Ceremonial Trident though...

No comments:

Post a Comment