Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Breath of the Wild first playthrough log part 9

Went back to Faron and chased down Farosh, and finally managed to get Farosh's Scale. I noticed after shooting it with an arrow that a glowing object fell out of its body and landed on the ground.

Then went back to the desert... defeated a Molduga for the first time... it was really hard at first, but then I discovered the strategy where you just stand on a safe platform and throw bombs to lure it out and knock it over, and get a bunch of free hits in...

I found the guy with the Gerudo clothes at the Kara Kara Bazaar inn, and bought a set of Gerudo clothes from him... lol that scene is good.
That guy running around outside Gerudo Town wants to go out with Link... Link is like "give me your sand shoes"... He says he'll give me them if I get a photo of the eighth heroine statue that is said to be in the Gerudo Highlands somewhere... and he gave me snow boots in order to help with exploring the highlands.

I guess sand shoes aren't really that useful anyway, since you can just rent a sand seal to travel across the desert much faster... or even just shield surf.

These Gerudo people refer to men as "voe" and women as "vai", and they have weird greetings like "Sa'vaaq" and "Sav'saaba"

Found a shop with a lot of expensive elemental accessories.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

There's a lot of shops with overpriced fruit and stuff in this town.
The rumor mill girl Traysi, is here gathering info... I've seen several of Traysi's notes inside some of the stables.
This town is so comfy and cool looking...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

The
Gerudo chief, Rija, is just a teenager who had to take over after her mother (Urbosa's child?) died... She sees through Link's disguise, and gives him an exemption because she thinks he could help take care of the divine beast. The chief's attendant suggests he prove himself by going to retrieve the chief's stolen heirloom from the Yiga Clan's hideout.

I asked around for some more info, and then got a sandseal and headed to Karusa Valley... a lot of weird frog statues around here... you can tell this is getting into Yiga territory. It's eerily quiet, until I go a bit further in and then I start getting constantly attacked by yiga archers... The frog statues further up now have Yiga masks on them...

I can't figure out what to do in this first room of the Yiga HQ.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Gave up for now, and then I went back up to the Highlands area and found a tough fire puzzle shrine.

This Frost Talus enemy is really hard. You can only climb him temporarily after warming him up a bit with a fire attack... Now I'm at the tallest part of the Gerudo Highlands I can get to... there's a really good view of west Hyrule from here, which I still haven't really explored at all yet... I can see like, ALL the remaining towers I haven't gotten yet from here.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

lol in hindsight I don't know why I overlooked this extremely shock arrow target. I thought it was a much more elaborate shrine puzzle and just marked it down for later.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

I spent a lot of time exploring this highland area, searching for the eighth goddess statue... I thought for sure it'd be up on one of the higher points where it's obscured by the snowstorm. I'm finding a ton of buried treasure... and a giant sword in the ground.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

I'm getting better at fighting Lynels now... but sometimes they still wreck me.

The visibility up here is SO bad... woah, I saw Farosh flying around up here... I didn't know he goes out this far west.

I ended up scouring nearly the whole Gerudo Highlands top to bottom, before finally finding the Eighth Heroine statue at the north side close to the ground level... there's a bunch of wind geysers around here so you can easily get back up... I guess this would've been much easier to find if I had approached the Gerudo Highlands from the north instead.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

I then went to explore a bit of the western regions, and found a bunch more shrines on my way to the next 2 towers.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

There's a huge rocky gorge that seems to go way down, but not a bottomless pit... I'll have to explore the bottom of that later. Tabantha Tower is surrounded/covered by Ganon sludge... I see a bunch more shrines from ontop of this tower... I also found another easy Fairy Fountain... and Tabantha Stable.

A bit further north I found Rito Stable, Rito Tower, and more shrines... this is crazy, there hasn't been this many free shrines since I first explored Eastern Hyrule. I guess this western side might have been the first area you'd explore after getting off the plateau if you ignored the King's advice.

That floating structure you could see way in the distance even from the plateau at the beginning of the game, it's way more close up now... it's the a giant mechanical bird, the divine beast Vah Medoh... it's patrolling the skies above Rito Village, and preventing the Ritos from being able to freely fly around near their home. Rito Village has a really cool layout where you walk along a spiral wooden staircase going up the central stone structure that the village is built around... and the wooden structure branches off into various treehouse shops and homes, and flight platforms for the birds to come in and out of.

The next region at the northwest-most part of the map, is a huge snowy mountain region, the coldest section of Hyrule... apparently you need all the warm Rito clothes from this town in order to traverse that region.

That weird light I kept seeing near the west side of Hyrule... I went towards where that was coming from, and came to this very peaceful looking mountain with a sakura tree ontop.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

No comments:

Post a Comment