Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Breath of the Wild first playthrough log part 5

Next I got to got to Grassland Stable. Found the horse-reviving Great Fairy... this music is really weird... it's asking for 1000 rupees. Meh, I don't need it right now.

Pikango says that picture with the 2 statues is at the northeast shore of Lake Hylia...
Got 1:19 on the horse obstacle course... I think I need a faster horse before I can beat the target time of 1:15.
After accidentally completing a sidequest, Perosa tells me about a giant horse in Taobab Grassland.

wtf I mounted a stalhorse after knocking a bokoblin off of it... these skeleton horses don't require taming at all... you can't register them, and they disappear as soon as the sun comes out.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

This korok puzzle is pretty hard... you can only carry one of the 2 chained rocks at a time, and it's really hard to control where the other one lands.

There's a lot of weird/cool looking structures in Faron Woods... I found Kass again, he says something about "Where the forest dragon splays its jaws"... I looked on the map and I see a body of water that kinda looks like a dragon opening its mouth, I think that's what he's referring to?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

I tried following the path north... Dumel Forest... A bunch of shock arrow archer lizalfos here... I tried to sneak through and kill them stealthily, but I still managed to survive after getting caught thanks to the rubber leggings I found + some shock resist food... Got to the Spring of Courage...
Offer Farosh's scale, received from the Golden Spirit, to the Spring of Courage
Just a bit later, I saw Farosh diving into Lake Hylia... I'm not sure how to get a scale from him.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Explored the small mountains north of the Spring of Courage, closer to the Dueling Peaks... found a lot of koroks, but no shrines around here...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Okay, I'm done with the Faron region for now... Next I warped to Zora's Domain... and I decided to go northwest to the Akalla region before doing the Vah Ruta quest... I found another Great Fairy... this one only wanted 500 rupees. I found out that each time you meet a new Great Fairy, you unlock the next tier of clothing upgrades.

So far this region is very peaceful... oops nevermind, that big open wooded field has a bunch of guardian stalkers patrolling the area. lmao I totally bopped both of them, by hiding behind cover and luring them near me, then chopping of their legs.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Akalla has a very distinct autumn style to it... a lot of huge open valleys, and some really steep inclines that give you a complete view of these valleys... I'm finding quite a few easy out in the open shrines here... And there's a huge cliffside section on the west side, near Death Mountain, with a bunch of flying guardians patrolling a building structure and the tower... that tower looks really hard to get to.

East Akalla Stable... west of here is the Spring of Power, and the main approach to Death Mountain.
Pikango tells me about the goddess statue spring photo, at the ruins in North Akalla Valley.

Went to that spiral beach place... this is a really fun shrine quest where you gotta carry a glowing orb over to the glowing platform in the middle of the spiral, while fighting through all the enemies.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Next I went up that high cliff that borders the west side of Akalla... on the way to the tower, I ventured a bit into Eldin for a few shrines, and also found Foothill Stable... the maw of Death Mountain.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Got to another shrine and South Akalla Stable, near the tower...

I'm not even close to being done with exploring Akalla yet... I guess I'll continue this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment