Many SPOILERS are contained throughout these posts. You have been warned!

Sunday, March 19, 2017

Breath of the Wild first playthrough log part 16

Explored the bell tower above the sanctum, found all the koroks I could, and then went into the Sanctum to fight Ganon.

Went and killed Fireblight Ganon, and then fought the true Calamity Ganon. Fireblight was kinda tricky, until I realized you could use bombs to knock him out when he charges a giant fireball... He can also be defeated really quickly if you don't care about using up bomb arrows.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshot

Calamity Ganon was a pretty decent boss fight. He shoots guardian lasers at you, and only becomes vulnerable when you deflect them back at him.

Then when that boss fight is over, you're back outside the castle, in Hyrule Field... and Calamity Ganon manages to return to his beast form, and then Link gets on his horse, and picks up the Bow of Light sent down from the sky by Zelda... She seems to have full control over her Hylia powers now... She talks to Link throughout the fight and points out Ganon's weak points that you have to shoot. The Bow of Light shoots farther than any other bow, and has unlimited arrows.

Ganon barely does anything except stand there and shoot a giant explosive beam out of his mouth every once in a while. He turns toward you at a snail's pace... I did have a bit of trouble hitting his last weak point, until Zelda pointed out that I should use the updraft from Ganon's attack to get a clearer shot... That part was really cool, but the rest of it was way too easy. It's a real shame, this beast form seems so intimidating and powerful, but defeating him is stupidly easy. I wonder if trying to beat this without using the horse would be much harder.

There we go, I got the "You don't remember me, do you?" ending.

The peak of the Bell Tower above the sanctum is probably the most epic vista in the whole game. I just had to go back up there again and jump off, gliding towards the south... I landed back near south Hyrule Field... Hyrule Field is so peaceful now after I cleared out nearly all the enemies.

Then I went into the colosseum and cleared out all the enemies in there, including the white Lynel... those Lynel enemies aren't so hard anymore. Other than enemies with good weapons, the only things to find here are treasure chests with loot and some koroks... oh and from the top of the colosseum, there's this little high up plateau of land you can get to.

After getting the memory where Link and Zelda are riding their horses around, I found a white horse that looks just like the horse Zelda was riding in that memory cutscene. Had some trouble taming it. I had to use up like all my stamina food and it took several tries... then I remembered the NPC hint about this, you gotta move in the opposite direction the horse is trying to go in order to tame it faster. Then I registered it and completed the sidequest and got the royal saddle and bridle.

Started exploring Satori Mountain some more... was about to go and finally check out the source of that mysterious light at night, but then I got sidetracked by a shooting star and went towards the north edge of Gerudo Highland instead.

Wow... Just noticed the map completion percentage on my map screen... I'm only at 37.4% now.

Found Kass in that giant mushroom field area.... His journal is there, mentioning all the other places he's been to as he was investigating the ancient songs...
Pagos Woods, West Hyrule Plains, Jeddo Bridge, Rabia Plain, Gerudo Tower, Calora Lake, Horon Lagoon, Kitano Bay, Washa's Bluff... I've been to most of those, some I don't know... I can't find Pagos Woods on the map, but I suspect that must be one of the 2 in Faron that I've already completed (either the "dragon splays its jaws" one or the "summon lightning from the sky" one)

The last memory I have left to find is the one that's just a picture of some woods... Unlike all the others, I really can't tell what's in the general vicinity of this area, so the only thing I can do is go to all of the dense forest areas that I see on the map until I find it... But then I lucked out, and found Pikango at Riverside Stable... I hadn't really been to this stable at all since before starting the memories quest. This happens to be the location where Pikango gives you a hint for the forest memory location. He says it's south of here.

It turns out this last memory that I got is also the last one chronologically too. This is after Ganon has already taken over the guardians, and Link is trying to take Zelda away from the castle to safety. Zelda is extremely upset, and blames herself and cries...

Impa then shows me the final memory photo, which was hanging there on the wall this whole time. It's a big field filled with rusted guardians, with mountains in the background... I remember this place... and Impa saying that it's just a short walk from here is a good hint too. This is at the Fort Hateno area. This was also the first place where I encountered horses in the game.

The field is pretty big though... I had to look closely at the mountains in the background, to get a better idea of where to go otherwise I'd just have to run back and forth across the whole field for a long time.

Wow, this final memory cutscene was so good... Link is about to be killed by a guardian, and Zelda saves him by unleashing her goddess power that she's been training so hard to try and unlock... This was the moment that finally pushed her to unlocking her powers. But it was too late, Link was already severely injured from the guardian attack... Some shiekah guards came running up to her, and she orders them to bring Link to the shrine of resurrection to save him... so I guess one of these shiekahs is Purah?

So now Link has all of his memories back... Suddenly Zelda's voice comes up, and tells him that she's in Hyrule Castle. I'm kinda curious about how certain cutscenes would differ if you find all the memories as soon as possible... Like, would the Deku Tree, and other elder characters no longer act as if you don't remember them?

The backstory of this Fort Hateno area is really cool... Now it makes sense to me why Hateno Village was completely untouched by the guardian onslaught.

No comments:

Post a Comment